Sponsored

Question on EB with no 4K tow package: can it launch and retrieve at the boat ramp?

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Fellow Mav Owners!

I have a couple of questions. We just received our XLT EB AWD with factory hitch installed. NO 4K package. We have a 21 foot ski boat that weighs roughly 3,750 lbs. with trailer. I have a Nissan Armada to tow it for long distances. My question is can I use the Maverick launch and retrieve at the boat ramp. Will it hurt the truck?

Thanks!
A Class II hitch which is what is used on Mavericks sans the 4k tow package can handle safely up 3,500 pounds including the trailer as part of the overall weight. You could potentially rip the hitch off the truck trying to pull that boat once so no unless you are willing to pony up on an aftermarket Class III hitch.
Sponsored

Jared

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The guy is launching and retrieving a boat and has AWD, but is missing the tow package? It’s shocking that anyone thing that a tow package would play any part in those 2 operations. Just don’t drive it up over the Ike gauntlet 15 times per year and you’ll be fine.

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Listen you will be fine. Absolutely fine The tow package has the coolers which will only help on long hauls with heavy loads.
The gear ratio is indeed different but again that’s to help with the towing test of acceleration. You have a tiny turbo that makes huge trq. Remember it was not all that long ago. Late 90’s that our f-150 had much less power and trq. Nobody thought twice about launching a boat with that.

Your non 4 k will do everything a 4 k will do for short trips. Some guys on here sound like the same tool bag that thought my slightly larger tires were gonna ruin my drivetrain.
Also keep in mind we have a ton of safety nets. If you maverick sees anything g it doesn’t like it will save itself.
So just launch your boat and enjoy your truck. That way even though you have a ladies truck in that Nissan you can still get your dosage of testosterone from launching your boat with your maverick

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Putting in and pulling out a boat is 99% traction and 1% power.

Since all AWD versions have the same traction the 4K is not going to matter.

4k has enhanced cooling, not enhanced traction.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI post #31 above is incorrect.

All Mavericks have a Class III hitch.
Evidenced by all class II hitches are 1.25" square.

The lowest 2" hitch is a class III.

The hitch of course has little to do with what the truck can do. Just be advised the hitch is not the weakest link on the Maverick.
Sponsored