valen2384

valen2384

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
I am glad you are taking safety into consideration, and lugs are a huge conversation on safety of any vehicle.

You want to get it right, I am not familiar with the wheel/tire combo, just visual check the seat on the wheels and see if it needs the wider conical seat, you will know exactly what I am talking about if you pull a lug nut.

Make sure it matches the seat and I would not recomend the 'long' lug nuts(2").

I have the correct Gorilla part number if you want to look at their specs, for the OEM Maverick wheels.
sure, I would if you can provide the part number i can use it as a reference. Thank you for your help!
Sponsored

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybr 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5 ECO
The Gorilla part number for the OEM Maverick wheels, with the correct size conical seat is..96641DX(4), 96643DX(20).

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is straight up from Gorilla, and I checked their specs and they are the right ones to use on OEM mav

Dont forget 150 ft lbs. dry..then retorque after 100m.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are the splined locks, chrome, 1.5" long

OP
OP
valen2384

valen2384

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
That is straight up from Gorilla, and I checked their specs and they are the right ones to use on OEM mav

Thank you for your help and appreciate your input in this!

Sponsored

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your welcome, hope it works out for you, be safe. Look the seat over and match it, you got this.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Gorilla part number for the OEM Maverick wheels, with the correct size conical seat is..96641DX(4), 96643DX(20).
Those are locking lug nuts do you have which Gorilla are regular lug nuts. Also Are these one piece or two piece lug nuts

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Theres another reason why the lugs are torque spec to 150ft lbs.
The torque spec is a function of the stud size/grade. An old Ranger 4.0 can tow nearly 50% more than the Maverick but still only specs 100 ft/lbs because it uses 1/2" thread studs.

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trojan those are the spline 1 piece aftermarket LOCKS, the good ones.

Darnon good points as well, 14mm Mav is larger then .5 ranger. Thread pitch, alloy, hardened, lenght are all function of fasteners torque and a few over parameters as well

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The question was not OEM Maverick wheels but rather using a lug nut on a maverick that he has Bronco Sport wheels for the

Only issue is that you said OEM Maverick wheels and the question was regarding putting Bronco Sport Badland wheels on a Maverick and which lug nuts work the best

Sponsored

Mach 1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought i made it pretty clear that everything i talked about was OEM Mav, now he can take that info and compare it to the wheels he has and make a decision. I have NO idea if the wheels he talked about even fit on the Mav.

I was also bringing to life that people are using an inadequate lug nut with minimum conical seat area and to be very careful with that combination, as it could be serious.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The question was not OEM Maverick wheels but rather using a lug nut on a maverick that he has Bronco Sport wheels for the

Only issue is that you said OEM Maverick wheels and the question was regarding putting Bronco Sport Badland wheels on a Maverick and which lug nuts work the best
We have zero idea what the OP is talking about. He continually states ā€˜tiresā€™ even after being questioned about tires vs wheels. If he is using Bronco Sport wheels, the stock Maverick-size lug nuts are correct.

Unfortunately the OP doesnā€™t understand the difference between a tire and a wheel and has not clarified...

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have zero idea what the OP is talking about. He continually states ā€˜tiresā€™ even after being questioned about tires vs wheels. If he is using Bronco Sport wheels, the stock Maverick-size lug nuts are correct.

Unfortunately the OP doesnā€™t understand the difference between a tire and a wheel and has not clarified...

I sure didn't take it that way..I read between the lines and came to the conclusion that he wanted to know what non OEM Maverick wheels ( Ford Bronco Badlands OEM wheels instead) would use what Lug nut on a 2022 Maverick? In other words lug Nuts M14-1.5 would someone recommend for mounting a Bronco Sport Wheel ( which on a Bronco is M12-1.5). As we know you can't use an M12-1.5 won't work and one of the recommendations was for Maverick sized lug nuts by Gorilla which are supposed to be a substitute for the OEM Maverick lug nuts. will they work just as well on a Bronco sport OEM wheel mounted on a Maverick? Isuppose the reason he asked is because the OEM lug nuts suck.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was also bringing to life that people are using an inadequate lug nut with minimum conical seat area and to be very careful with that combination, as it could be serious.
I don't think the seat area between the Gorilla vs McGard is that big of a factor, personally. The lug contact area on a steel wheel is much lower (little more than the thickness) and those have no issue with insufficient clamping force. And Ford uses McGards for their locking lug nuts, as well.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think the seat area between the Gorilla vs McGard is that big of a factor, personally. The lug contact area on a steel wheel is much lower (little more than the thickness) and those have no issue with insufficient clamping force. And Ford uses McGards for their locking lug nuts, as well.
I understand McGard are two piece lug nuts while the Gorilla is one piece. If true I would choose the one piece
Sponsored