Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999' Honda Accord 2.3L DX
Engine
Undecided
Hello, fellow Maverick Truck Club members,

The Ford Maverick has become a dream vehicle for me, as its created momentum for the compact pickup truck market for those who want a small, efficient, and low gas mileage truck. I am not able to afford one at the moment as its not a top priority but hopefully, down the road, I will be able to.

I understand there have been understandable cost-cutting measures Ford made in the Mavericks design and production to keep costs low. One of these is the lack of noise dampening foam in some areas. An example being behind the back seat area and, as I remember, in front of the dash where the engine is infront. The latter was from a thread were the owner owned an Ecoboost and commented of how engine noise between the dash and engine was noticeable. I cannot find it at the moment.

So asking you forum users who own either Maverick engine option, when did the cabin noise become an issue, and what would your tips be for adding noise-dampening foam? What body areas did you see needed foam installed? Would you suggest the profession services of a shop to install? I hope in the next few years Ford will improve the issues on it that new owners are experiencing such as installing more noise dampening foam.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dalesworld

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's not an issue for me.

Billkowski

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
on the Ecoboost for me, the engine is a little buzzy for the first 5 minutes or so at start up, at higher speeds, 60 to 70, there is some noise at the A pillar but I don't find it intrusive. My other vehicle is a Wrangler so my tolerance is very high, lol

ATXTACOS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat. 2018 Ford Edge Ti trim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Its damping, dampening is getting it wet. Sorry, pet peeve from MTB suspension tuning.

Sponsored

megapixle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was actually pleasantly surprised how quiet my Maverick Hybrid is at freeway speeds, I don't feel the need to make any improvements.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine is quiet. There are just some that think something is wrong no matter what. They like to compare it to much more expensive vehicles.

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This thing is loud compared to every other car I've owned. I've ordered some dynamat to put in the doors and behind the back seat. Might be fun to get a DB meter to record NVH before and after.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't really have a complaint about road noise in my Hybrid XLT, personally. I'm not expecting Benz-level quiet.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ecoboost engine is noisy but it's really the road noise I notice the most. It's about on par with my Honda Element which was also noisy. Our 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe is quieter.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a hybrid Lariat. The only noise I get is door wind noise. I've been thinking of getting some door insulation that sticks on from a hardware box store. Has anyone done that? Just wondering if that would cut down on the wind noise?
Sponsored