First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How does this work. Lets say Ford verified that my private offer is $2500.

Is the $2500 deducted when I do the purchasing paperwork at the dealership when I pick up my truck?

Does Ford send me $2500 check after I take the truck home from the dealership?
Or does Ford send my dealer $2500 credit after the purchase, then the dealer sends me a $2500 check?

I just want to be prepared when I go to the dealership in a few months. My XL hybrid is scheduled to be build early Feb. Ordered Sept 2022

Thanks in advance.

Ford Maverick Private offer for the 2023 Rollover privateoffer
Sponsored

Mike1597

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick, 2023 Grand Cherokee, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer should deduct the private offer ($2,500) from the purchase price and have you sign some paperwork authorizing Ford to reimburse the dealer.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My dealer subtracted it from what I owed, in addition I got a $500 Farm Bureau discount also. Both were already in the Smart Vincent system. Barely had to ask, but did to make sure.

OP
OP
itzyoboipaul

itzyoboipaul

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer should deduct the private offer ($2,500) from the purchase price and have you sign some paperwork authorizing Ford to reimburse the dealer.
My dealer subtracted it from what I owed, in addition I got a $500 Farm Bureau discount also. Both were already in the Smart Vincent system. Barely had to ask, but did to make sure.
Thank you !!!
I think this dealer is honest but I wasnt too confident about the private offer after talking to my sales rep last week. He mentioned Ford been doing "this and that" with the private offers lately. Didnt really ask what it meant.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Is the $2500 deducted when I do the purchasing paperwork at the dealership when I pick up my truck?

Or does Ford send my dealer $2500 credit after the purchase, then the dealer sends me a $2500 check?

I just want to be prepared when I go to the dealership in a few months. My XL hybrid is scheduled to be build early Feb. Ordered Sept 2022

Thanks in advance.

privateoffer.png
First, verify your dealer did the roll-over correctly, using the same order number from '23 for your '24. I don't think you can get a Certificate Number from Ford Customer service until you have the VIN for you vehicle but you can call them and ask.

It varies by state, but in California, the amount of any promotion or factory discount is subtracted after tax and reg fees are calculated. It may be different in TX. Some states also allow the value of a trade-in to be subtracted from the new vehicle price and then tax you on the lower amount.

The $2500 goes from Ford to the dealer. The dealer can pass on as much or as little as they want. My dealer tried to tell me "Ford changed the program" and give me $1900 instead of the $2500 that corresponded to my model and engine. Ford will not intervene if this happens. It is the dealer's money to give or not give the customer. So get a committment in advance as to their practice. Do it all by email so you have a paper trail. My dealer finally cut a check for the additional $600 but it took a lot of drama to get it. Beware!

Sponsored

OP
OP
itzyoboipaul

itzyoboipaul

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First, verify your dealer did the roll-over correctly, using the same order number from '23 for your '24. I don't think you can get a Certificate Number from Ford Customer service until you have the VIN for you vehicle but you can call them and ask.

It varies by state, but in California, the amount of any promotion or factory discount is subtracted after tax and reg fees are calculated. It may be different in TX. Some states also allow the value of a trade-in to be subtracted from the new vehicle price and then tax you on the lower amount.

The $2500 goes from Ford to the dealer. The dealer can pass on as much or as little as they want. My dealer tried to tell me "Ford changed the program" and give me $1900 instead of the $2500 that corresponded to my model and engine. Ford will not intervene if this happens. It is the dealer's money to give or not give the customer. So get a committment in advance as to their practice. Do it all by email so you have a paper trail. My dealer finally cut a check for the additional $600 but it took a lot of drama to get it. Beware!
A well known sales rep from a FB maverick group verified and sent me a copy of my private offer with the certificate # so I know I have one for $2500. He was able to get that for me a few months ago before my build was even scheduled

That's sorta what I heard too from my rep "Ford has been changing...."
That's the reason why I want to be prepared. My rep has been great and the dealer has good reviews. Im just hoping he doesnt full some BS last minute. I've had a few chances to get a maverick at MSRP but held on knowing I will get mine $2500 less if my private offer is honored.

Thanks for the helpful info!!!

Reactions: HTX

bobbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I changed my rollover order from a XLT hybrid to a XL EcoBoost and dealer tells me my private offer is $1900. Is this correct? Reading where it says private offer predetermined by customer’s original 23MY order which would be $3400. Does changing to a lest expensive model negate me getting the $3400 private offer? Thanks for any help on this.

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I changed my rollover order from a XLT hybrid to a XL EcoBoost and dealer tells me my private offer is $1900. Is this correct? Reading where it says private offer predetermined by customer’s original 23MY order which would be $3400. Does changing to a lest expensive model negate me getting the $3400 private offer? Thanks for any help on this.
Private offer is based off your original order. You should be getting the $3400

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And just to be clear, FoMoCo did NOT change the private offer $$$. That is one of the three BS lines my dealer gave. When he said that, I told him "show me the communication from FoMoCo that states that". His answer was "Oh, I can't do that, it's confidential and classified communication". I told him I verify, then trust. No verification, no trust.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks in advance.

privateoffer.png

It is up to you and your dealer. It can be paid directly to the dealer (so they will take it off the amount you owe), or you can have Ford send you a check.
Sponsored