Sponsored

Poll: Black Painted Wheel Effect on Lariat Scheduling

Lariats Only: Have you been scheduled with/without black painted wheels as an add-on?

• Scheduled: Lariat with Black Painted Wheels

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Scheduled: Lariat; NO Black Painted Wheels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOT Scheduled: Lariat with Black Painted Wheels

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • NOT Scheduled: Lariat NO Black Painted Wheels

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Friend and I were having a conversation this morning. We were discussing the standalone black pained wheels. The debate was whether that was a constraint or not. My theory is it isn't because so few people ordered it, it should not matter (similar to the Black Appearance Package). And Ford has never singled those out as a problem.

His thought process was it was yet one more thing Ford has to coordinate and it would restrict your chances. Also, had I actually seen anyone else get scheduled with those? I told him no, but also that people mainly focused on the engine/trim.

So, I'd like to know if anyone added the Black Painted Wheel as a standalone add-on and have you been scheduled or not? And to be clear, I'm talking about the wheel add-ons, not the Black Appearance Package:

Ford Maverick Poll: Black Painted Wheel Effect on Lariat Scheduling 1676038374285
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had the Black wheels on my 22 orders. One ended up being a canceled VIN and one was a roll-over. That probably had more to do with being Lariat Lux hybrids, than the black wheels my guess. For the MY23 I switched to the BAP because the black wheels still aren't entirely black and for the interior. I was hoping the black painted wheels were the same as the FX4 ones, but unfortunately they aren't.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bumping this into prime time.

Dr3wman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram
Engine
Undecided
Question for your Bob, I ordered my Lariat with the standard 18" wheel, once my truck arrives, is it possible to order the black painted version at a later date through the dealer? I tried a cursory search via the parts website and did not get very far.

Thanks,

Andrew

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question for your Bob, I ordered my Lariat with the standard 18" wheel, once my truck arrives, is it possible to order the black painted version at a later date through the dealer? I tried a cursory search via the parts website and did not get very far.

Thanks,

Andrew
Dunno. Can't see a reason why you can't. Ask your dealer parts department.
Sponsored