First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received an order confirmation from Ford last week after the banks opened...from Planet Ford. Now. I may have contacted them at some point about cancelled '22 orders or anything they may have had in stock, but I definitely never placed an order with them for a '23.

I'm curious now how I should handle it with them. I initially called and left a message inquiring about the order. Finally get a call this morning about getting more information about the order.....then a text saying "'I'd like to confirm you want to go ahead and cancel your order as we have submitted in into the order banks with no deposit necessary"

Are they just trying to get inventory by placing phony orders? Any ideas on the best way to handle this? I have my order placed locally in CA, but interested in people's thoughts on this process. Thanks !
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some dealerships will try to submit orders on behalf of customers who didn't actually order them just to get orders in to have stock when they don't get 'manny' or 'demo' units. They do so hoping you won't take delivery so they can have the stock and sell it at a markup. My local dealership noted they got zero MY23 mannequin units, only 100% retail allocations. Not sure if thats true everywhere, but then again, my dealership is smaller than the nearest gas station so it wouldn't surprise me for them.

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn’t put it past Planet Ford to put an order in your name then “cancel” it on you behalf after it is delivered so they can sell it for a hefty markup.

They tried to sell me a customer cancel with over $1600 in dealer options, and they refused to remove at least some of those options, like their “DNA” security crap that is basically window VIN etching. The truck handn’t even arrived yet, so the windows weren’t etched yet, but I couldn’t refuse it?

I told them to pound sand. I’ll never deal with them again.

OP
OP
MavyPS

MavyPS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate the insights...Waiting on another text/email with my confirmed truck specs.
Sponsored