First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Con, 2022 Maverick XLT Hyb
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered Velocity Blue XLT with Lux Package, Soft Folding Tonneau, Floor Liners, Co-Pilot 360 and Wheel Locks on July 1, 2021. Picked it up on February 18, 2022. 8 miles on the odometer. Drove it around a little bit yesterday. I have no complaints about the truck. Rides nice - not much different than other vehicles I have owned. My other car is a 2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium and I don't think the Maverick ride is significantly harsher.

We bought the Maverick from Saratoga Ford in Saratoga Springs, NY. Great dealer to work with throughout the entire process, from ordering to picking it up. reading all of the stories about ADM and forced "Protection Packages," etc., I was a little anxious about what would happen with the price of this truck. But when the dealer called to let me know the truck was in the only pricing surprise was that they were giving me the X-Plan discount as well - almost $500 below MSRP.

Another surprise was that this was the first Hybrid that they received, and only the third Maverick.

Today it is snowing, and I do not intend to drive it today. Not afraid of the snow, just worried about the crazies out there. Tomorrow I will start the 1,000 miles trek back down south - where it is much warmer.

Ford Maverick Picked up my Maverick XLT on 02/18/22 tempImageha3ML
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered Velocity Blue XLT with Lux Package, Soft Folding Tonneau, Floor Liners, Co-Pilot 360 and Wheel Locks on July 1, 2021. Picked it up on February 18, 2022. 8 miles on the odometer. Drove it around a little bit yesterday. I have no complaints about the truck. Rides nice - not much different than other vehicles I have owned. My other car is a 2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium and I don't think the Maverick ride is significantly harsher.

We bought the Maverick from Saratoga Ford in Saratoga Springs, NY. Great dealer to work with throughout the entire process, from ordering to picking it up. reading all of the stories about ADM and forced "Protection Packages," etc., I was a little anxious about what would happen with the price of this truck. But when the dealer called to let me know the truck was in the only pricing surprise was that they were giving me the X-Plan discount as well - almost $500 below MSRP.

Another surprise was that this was the first Hybrid that they received, and only the third Maverick.

Today it is snowing, and I do not intend to drive it today. Not afraid of the snow, just worried about the crazies out there. Tomorrow I will start the 1,000 miles trek back down south - where it is much warmer.

tempImageha3MLg.png
Good looking truck. Have fun with it.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Looks great man hope you enjoy it for years to come! I'm also glad to hear you had a positive experience with your dealer. Not to discount the community here on MTC but it does tend to sway toward the negative.

IMO it's nice to hear a positive experience for a change.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

tempImageha3MLg.png
Almost my identical build.. I didn’t get the wheel locks… guess I should have, I ordered June 21. Mine is scheduled week of March 7, delayed once already.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

tempImageha3MLg.png
You drove from Georgia to upstate New York ???!!! They should have thrown in a Maverick hat or shirt or something lol. The color looks great ( I also ordered Velocity Blue). Congrats !!!

Sponsored

Horizon62

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

tempImageha3MLg.png
Nice choice!

OP
OP

jeffnudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You drove from Georgia to upstate New York ???!!! They should have thrown in a Maverick hat or shirt or something lol. The color looks great ( I also ordered Velocity Blue). Congrats !!!
Flew up from Georgia by way of Jacksonville, FL. Picking up the truck, visiting family, and enjoying everything about the trip EXCEPT the freaking winter weather. Lived in Phoenix, for 14 years, bought a winter home in GA last year. We spend our summers in Saratoga Springs, NY.

OP
OP

jeffnudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update on trip home. Left Saratoga Springs at 7:00 this morning. Arrived in Rocky Mount, NC at 7:00 PM. Stopped once for gas. The dealer filled the tank when I picked up the Maverick. According to the pump it took 13.56 gallons. Not bad on a 13.8 gallon tank. 530 miles is about 39.1 MPG. Averaged about 57 MPH. Mostly ran at 65 to 70, but had a lot of stop and go around Washington, DC.

The seat was very comfortable. The truck did everything it was supposed to. First time driving a hybrid, but I couldn't tell the difference between this and just about any car with an automatic transmission. Put it in gear and go.

Trip ends tomorrow. I will update one more time after that.
Ford Maverick Picked up my Maverick XLT on 02/18/22 TripHomeDay1

OP
OP

jeffnudi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Day 2 trip update. I made it back to the winter home in Georgia this afternoon.

I left Rocky Mount, NC, about 9:00 AM today, looking to avoid morning rush hour traffic. There was no traffic when I hit the highway, but I don’t really know if Rocky Mount has morning rush hour traffic. traffic was actually pretty light all day.

I made one stop for gas again today. According to the trip computer, the mileage dropped to 37.9 MPG compared to Day 1 at 39.1 MPG. I think this is due to the average speed going up to 66 MPH compared to Day 1 average speed of 57 MPH.

My overall impression is that this truck was worth the wait. The ride is nice, the seats are very comfortable, it's not a performance car, but when I needed to pass someone, I had no problem. I have only one complaint. That is the need to use a key to start the truck. My 2018 Mustang has the push button start that only requires the presence of the key in the car. The Mustang also unlocks without having to push the button on the fob. But I don't have to get used to that because this is my wife's truck. And she loves it as well.
Sponsored