Reaction score
Website
www.shultsford.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey everyone!

I finally got my Lariat (March 8th) that I ordered June 10th and after a short weekend jaunt and nearly a month of daily driving, I can say that it was worth the wait!
I of course have little nits to pick, but I understand that most are a result of Ford's mission to scrimp wherever possible to deliver this truck at an affordable price. I'll save these for another thread.

This past Saturday I had the chance to take the family out to our local drive in and MAN was I so happy with the way it worked out! For those unfamiliar with the concept, what I'm referring to is an outdoor movie theater where you sit in our beside your car to watch a double feature. I've taken several trucks to these over the years and the number one issue I've always had is that by virtue of driving a pickup, you are relegated to the back rows or outermost edges, but because this truck is no taller than your average small SUV, I was able to park in the perfect spot and set up the bed for an amazing viewing experience.
Ford Maverick Perfect for Drive-In Nugget
We packed the bed with our Nugget (pictured: modular foam couch) and a half dozen quilts and blankets and made ourselves a little nest in the bed. It was a beautiful cozy way to enjoy a brisk spring evening with the wife and kids. Our only complaint was that there wasn't a good place for our drinks. If we set them on the rails, they were at risk of falling as we shifted. If we set them in the bed beside us, we were liable to squish them. We ended up setting them on the roof, but that meant we had to reach overhead and behind us every time one of us needed a sip, which with toddlers is pretty often.

I have the integrated rails and cleats but now I'm researching how to add cupholders to those or figure out a better way to keep our drinks in reach. I have been searching for a name brand or any info on the rails to try and find accessories or specs I can use with my 3D printer. I did see another thread where someone bought F.I.T.S. adapters that slotted into the rails, so that might be how I start, but I have to imagine these should be a somewhat common rail system that should be more easily upgraded. Any leads or ideas would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

FAN2PLAYER

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm excited to go to Drive-in's over the summer time with my Maverick. Still getting/collecting ideas on what to do in the bed.

OP
OP
scubajefe

scubajefe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shultsford.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm excited to go to Drive-in's over the summer time with my Maverick. Still getting/collecting ideas on what to do in the bed.
I highly recommend the Nugget or similar style couch. It filled the bed almost perfectly and created like a double-wide chaise lounge.

I'll add to this thread as I fine tune my setup, but the first run was stellar!

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OMG........A movie drive in...as a 70's child I did experience these. I'm going to look for one here in Colorado. I would love to re-experience that with my young boys.

OP
OP
scubajefe

scubajefe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shultsford.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OMG........A movie drive in...as a 70's child I did experience these. I'm going to look for one here in Colorado. I would love to re-experience that with my young boys.
We're really lucky to have had one about 15 min from my house all my life. As a movie buff it has been my favorite way to get out and see movies with the family, especially when the kids were 0-3 and would get quite unruly in the theaters.

Sponsored

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We're really lucky to have had one about 15 min from my house all my life. As a movie buff it has been my favorite way to get out and see movies with the family, especially when the kids were 0-3 and would get quite unruly in the theaters.
Not to mention home to one of the most historic and iconic NFL team of all time. ;)

Gulfcoast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go to the Comanche Drive In Theater in Buena Vista!!!

Efab

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FWD 2.0 EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was wondering about this. What did u do regarding audio? Leave the doors open?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
scubajefe

scubajefe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shultsford.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was wondering about this. What did u do regarding audio? Leave the doors open?
I have a little Ryobi Bluetooth/FM radio I've been using for a few years. I may eventually wire something in, but I like that with this I don't have to leave the truck running or worry about a dead battery at the end of the night.
Ford Maverick Perfect for Drive-In 20220405_191620

Angry Hippo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hot Pepper Red, FX4, 4k Tow
Oh man... the drive in! Great memories.

Anyone else remember their parents hiding them behind the back seat of the van (or worse, in the trunk!) when they were a kid?

I remember as I got older and started taking girls to the drive-in that I had trouble focusing on the movie. "Saw" lots of movies that I couldn't even tell you the basic plotline for. :love::devilish::love:

Good times. I think there are a handful out in Colorado but haven't visited any of them.

Skyline Drive-In located in Barstow, California

Ford Maverick Perfect for Drive-In 9680663935_f46145b1f9_b
Sponsored