Sponsored

Passenger Rear Window stuck in down position.

Gabetown

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are a couple of threads about this issue but to save people some reading I thought I'd create a more concise post.

This appears to be happening to a few Mavericks (passenger rear window goes down but doesn't come back up). In my case, I touched the switch to crack the window and it went fully down and wouldn't go back up.

Dealer replaced the "drivers window switch" and had it ready for pick up in less than 24 hours. Covered under warrantee with 8k miles.

Repair notes from the invoice:
"Check for power to motor and ground, found power always applied to motor for down function. Inspect wiring to switch for right rear, OK, PPT E for Window INOP, E1 YES (12.5v), E2 NO (greater than 3 ohms), E3 YES (Less than 3 ohms), Replace drivers window switch and recheck. Operates Correctly."

FP Number (part #) LJ6Z-14529-CA
Sponsored

jermsco

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT fwd hybrid
My wife and I are traveling right now and we rolled the rear passenger side window down for the dogs. Now won’t go back up.
This is my third issue now with this truck.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
My wife and I are traveling right now and we rolled the rear passenger side window down for the dogs. Now won’t go back up.
This is my third issue now with this truck.
Good morning! Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this window concern on my end? Thank you!

Edd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai, Ford Maverick Area 51 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Searched and found this thread.
The rear passenger side window is stuck in down position. Its an XLT with 4700 miles. Called 2 dealers including the one i ordered from and they gave me 1 to 2 weeks to look at it. Called and chatted with Ford with zero help.
One dealer said he didn't have a Tech to troubleshoot this!!! Really? Told him this is a very basic trouble shooting job!
Going to buy a plastic tool from NAPA and check the switches out at least.
Thanks for that informative invoice etc. on the site.

Sponsored

jermsco

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT fwd hybrid
Yeah dealers right now are a pain. Just recently got my truck back after the dealer held on to it for a couple weeks. told the rep exactly what Gabetown mentioned above and told him to start with the master switch. He said no and thought it was just the motor. Got a call a week after dropping it off saying the just ordered the switch cause they found the issue wasn’t the motor. Sure enough all it is is replacing the master switch.

Edd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey Jermsco thanks for the info. Yeah i mentioned the Maverick site and he said oh no they will take the door panel off!!!
Yeah start with what takes the longest time! Unreal.
At least everything else is ok with my XLT eco. Will let the forum know when I or the stealer finds something out!

DjLoudlex

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just got this issue today on my 2022 Maverick 5,555 miles. Rolled down, and did not go back up. Just got back from TEAM FORD in Las Vegas 5445 Drexel Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89130 , Turns out the part is on back order and won't be in for ONE MONTH. So the Service tech basically said i will need to figure out a way to cover my window and drive with it busted for ONE MONTH. Super disappointed in this dealerships Service dept.

Clark6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Buick GrandNational 1996 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if we need to order a spare for the glove box in case the warranty goes out & it happens then..:oops:

Edd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
DJ, I had called 4 Dealers up before I found one who would look at my XLT this week. Asked if they had switch parts or an assembly and he didn't know ! Great!

I send a email and left a VM with Ford about this and also one Dealer asked if I bought it at their dealership. I said that shouldn't matter at all. Gave me a 2 to 3 week quote!

Good luck with your Mav. i feel bad for the owners who are put on hold. I am retired so its not too critical but its still not right. Ed

Sponsored

Maktastic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I just had this same issue and got it fixed immediately. The main window control panel on the front driver's side had a short in its circuitry that was affecting the passenger rear window. They had the part in stock. After replacing that part, everything worked normally again. The passenger rear window had no issues in of itself.

Edd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maktastic, Thanks for the info. I am taking my XLT to the dealer
in a hour. Will mention about the Forum and the results of everyone
who had the same problem. Will post with my results later.
Ed

Edd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
RE:XLT rear passenger side window. Dealer found problem with the main
switch at the drivers side door and window is now up.
Not sure if the Mech Tech listened to the Service guy about the ongoing
switch problem. Just glad its fixed!

DjLoudlex

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

DJ, I had called 4 Dealers up before I found one who would look at my XLT this week. Asked if they had switch parts or an assembly and he didn't know ! Great!

I send a email and left a VM with Ford about this and also one Dealer asked if I bought it at their dealership. I said that shouldn't matter at all. Gave me a 2 to 3 week quote!

Good luck with your Mav. i feel bad for the owners who are put on hold. I am retired so its not too critical but its still not right. Ed
I agree. Thats completely unacceptable. I have a 2 year old, so imagine having to drive with a 2 year old in the back seat with a busted window in the back in the Heat of Las Vegas for ONE WHOLE MONTH. Ford truly let me down on this one.

Tundra200k

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are a couple of threads about this issue but to save people some reading I thought I'd create a more concise post.

This appears to be happening to a few Mavericks (passenger rear window goes down but doesn't come back up). In my case, I touched the switch to crack the window and it went fully down and wouldn't go back up.

Dealer replaced the "drivers window switch" and had it ready for pick up in less than 24 hours. Covered under warrantee with 8k miles.

Repair notes from the invoice:
"Check for power to motor and ground, found power always applied to motor for down function. Inspect wiring to switch for right rear, OK, PPT E for Window INOP, E1 YES (12.5v), E2 NO (greater than 3 ohms), E3 YES (Less than 3 ohms), Replace drivers window switch and recheck. Operates Correctly."

FP Number (part #) LJ6Z-14529-CA

Thanks for the post, this happened to me today....one year owned with 25K miles......lets get all these bugs out now!!
Sponsored