First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Walked by this bronco, how do we get a paint matched keypad? I would even settle for a sticker or cover for the matte black one.

Ford Maverick Paint matching keypad, is it available? 8513085C-DE1C-4D54-BCC4-8FF59C4190DE
Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure is, you just have to purchase a 6th gen Bronco to get it.

A.Bursell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Believe this is going to be the replacement option for the built-in keypad that was removed for this year. About $200 from the dealer. Not sure if they are available yet, just recall it on the option sheet and haven't seen anyone with one (except this pic).

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Believe this is going to be the replacement option for the built-in keypad that was removed for this year. About $200 from the dealer. Not sure if they are available yet, just recall it on the option sheet and haven't seen anyone with one (except this pic).
That option is molded in color, aka, black plastic, not paint matched like you can get on the 6th gen Bronco.

A.Bursell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That option is molded in color, aka, black plastic, not paint matched like you can get on the 6th gen Bronco.
I've never purchased something "molded-in-color" before, so I can't say one way or another, but MIC sure sounds like it would be color-matched to me. That's what I would expect if I ordered it. Can't see why they would bother saying anything at all if it was just black. But I could definitely be wrong...

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never purchased something "molded-in-color" before, so I can't say one way or another, but MIC sure sounds like it would be color-matched to me. That's what I would expect if I ordered it. Can't see why they would bother saying anything at all if it was just black. But I could definitely be wrong...
I am here to assure you that MIC or molded in color is black. Ford lingo is something like PTC or painted to color if it were to be factory painted but there are a ton of photos already of people who ordered the MIC keypad and it's clearly just black plastic. Feel free to use the search feature if you need additional confirmation

A.Bursell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am here to assure you that MIC or molded in color is black. Ford lingo is something like PTC or painted to color if it were to be factory painted but there are a ton of photos already of people who ordered the MIC keypad and it's clearly just black plastic. Feel free to use the search feature if you need additional confirmation
I just tried searching and didn't come up with any pictures of any identified as "MIC" just the black add-on ones that have been around for a while now. But I did come across MIC lingo being used for Broncos in reference to the roof, which seems to be gray. So I see what you are saying that it isn't referring to the body color, which is disappointing. I'm glad I did not order that because I absolutely would have expected a color matched keypad.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just tried searching and didn't come up with any pictures of any identified as "MIC" just the black add-on ones that have been around for a while now. But I did come across MIC lingo being used for Broncos in reference to the roof, which seems to be gray. So I see what you are saying that it isn't referring to the body color, which is disappointing. I'm glad I did not order that because I absolutely would have expected a color matched keypad.
It's the same keypad that people are receiving with their MY24, it's been posted a bunch of times but you're probably under the impression that they just ordered it through the Ford accessory but it's actually the one available through factory order for around $200. Ford nomenclature is confusing.

Jeffreyd53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mustang GT, 08 Civic, 24 Lariat (scheduled 1/15
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Walked by this bronco, how do we get a paint matched keypad? I would even settle for a sticker or cover for the matte black one.

8513085C-DE1C-4D54-BCC4-8FF59C4190DE.jpeg
I ordered my truck with the $195 Molded in color keypad. I like having a keypad and was not thrilled they took it away for 24. Truck is scheduled for 1/22 so whenever it shows up I will post pics.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep - MIC is just Ford gray/black plastic. It's not terrible stuff but it'll water and dirt stain, also fade from UV exposure if not properly cerakoted.
Sponsored