First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They did ask me for my email to put with the order. But from what I am reading I just need to be patient till I get a VIN.
You should contact your dealer and request them to enter your email address into the Ford computer system for your order.
Sponsored

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not get a order confirmation. All i can say is this has been so far a huge learning experience. If I have to order another vehicle again I will be more versed.
Make sure your dealer submits the order to ford (call your dealer directly and often and push them to submit) and make sure they submit the your Right Email address for communication between Ford and Yourself. Check your Spam folder often and when order confirmation is received, mark as "Not Junk" if in the spam folder.

OP
OP
egress555

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just sent my salesman an email asking about the confirmation.

Ford F1 Truck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
, 1950 Ford F1 truck, 22 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick order.jpg

A coy of my order. I ordered on 8/24 so not that long ago.

First question does this look like a appropriate order? Not a order for them to sell on the lot, forgot the term? I asked salesman and he said yes this a considered a special order.

Second, i know it' has been just shy of three weeks and I have to wait, but should I have a VIN by now? I the salesman about a week ago and he said give it about another week or two.

I asked him to put the priority code to a 10 and he said he could do it after I got a VIN, True or False?

And is there a order # in there somewhere?

Thanks!
I ordered in June and received the email confirmation from Ford confirming that my order was placed. I believe you will receive a vin once its scheduled for a build week. I have not been scheduled at this point and have a priority code 2. It may be a while yet. Hang in there.

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, when your dealer submits your order, you will need to provide a copy of your Driver's License to submit to Ford AND Most Important - Get as signed (by both parties) copy of your Out The Door Pricing DORA from your dealer or they can add ADM Fees at the end and you will pay dearly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
egress555

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, when your dealer submits your order, you will need to provide a copy of your Driver's License to submit to Ford AND Most Important - Get as signed (by both parties) copy of your Out The Door Pricing DORA from your dealer or they can add ADM Fees at the end and you will pay dearly.

On the order it says priced DORA 0$ Is that what you mean?

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the order it says priced DORA 0$ Is that what you mean?
Some dealerships will try to add an Additional Dealership Markup (ADM) on top of the price. They have to disclose this when you agree to price. SInce pricing is noted on the DORA, they often write on it that "Model X will include $XXXX ADM" before they have you sign it because.. signing the DORA? that's a legal and binding agreement on the price itself they are legally bound to. They can't add an ADM after that. All they can add on top of that is tax, title, tag, financing interest, and options you request such as service plans, accessories, etc. It locks the price in. Some dealerships try to avoid that just to hit you with it at the time of purchase rather than when you order.

And they ask you to initial it as well. This is how it looks from my dealership when they do it:
Ford Maverick Order questions IMG_3067[151]

It has the ADM clearly stated, both the dealership rep and customer initial this, plus sign the DORA, and it's also dated to show it was written on the same date as the DORA was printed. I covered up signatures for sanity reasons, but the dark blue was the dealer rep, light blue was mine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
egress555

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They did tell me they are charging everyone a $300 admin fee.

OP
OP
egress555

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just chatted with Ford and they said my order shows as in "ORDER PROCESSING". So I guess my order is in. They did say to check with my dealer to make sure all my contact info they have is correct.

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Make sure your dealer submits the order to ford (call your dealer directly and often and push them to submit) and make sure they submit the your Right Email address for communication between Ford and Yourself. Check your Spam folder often and when order confirmation is received, mark as "Not Junk" if in the spam folder.
I contacted Ford customer service today. I was on hold for about half an hour, but when I got through the agent said I was not set up for email notifications. She corrected it and said I would get an email message about the change in a few days.
Sponsored