First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on order Maverick, 2008 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, I still have two trucks on order with a local dealer(I'll call them the BAD dealer) who gave me #20 priority on these orders. The BAD dealer wanted me to pay $3000 extra to lower my priority number, which I declined.

One of these trucks won't be need since I just took possession of a XL (EB with AWD and towing package) two weeks ago that was ordered with another dealer 1.5hrs away(I'll call them the GOOD dealer.)

I then spoke with another dealer(Good dealer)on the last day of ordering because I bad feeling that the BAD dealer was just jerking me along and my gut told me that things weren't going to end well with the BAD dealer.

So, I ordered a third truck. This truck I received, from the GOOD dealer put in a lower priority number and was an incredible to work with, no BS like the previously mentioned BAD dealer. I really hated the way the BAD dealer handled the orders.

So, in discussing the other two trucks on order with the GOOD dealer, I thought I can change dealers since the orders are mine, not the dealer(is this still correct?).

I asked him if they would like me to transfer the orders to have them sold/shipped through them and he was happy to agree. My son wants the Hybrid XL and my grandson may(probably not) want the other XL (EB, AWD with towing package) They will sell the EB if I don't take possession of it.

The good dealer mentioned about changing the priority number, is that even possible????

Thanks, B
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You cannot transfer an order. The dealer ordered on your behalf. Only time I have heard it done is if the dealer is going out of business and may be able to hand off your order.

A priority code can be changed by the dealer up until it is being previewed. At the time of previewing, there wouldn't really be a need to change it anyway. Shady dealer wanting to charge for it is BS. It doesn't even guarantee you to get built.

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wouldn't worry about your priority code. Seems like most have reported being scheduled at pc 10 or above. I've been at a 2 since January. Allocations are the only thing that matters in Ford land. Also, just because good dealer talks a good talk, doesn't mean they aren't slimy. Those F'ers come in all shapes and sizes and will tell you what you want to hear. My advice - hang on for a long ride.

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, I still have two trucks on order with a local dealer(I'll call them the BAD dealer) who gave me #20 priority on these orders. The BAD dealer wanted me to pay $3000 extra to lower my priority number, which I declined.

One of these trucks won't be need since I just took possession of a XL (EB with AWD and towing package) two weeks ago that was ordered with another dealer 1.5hrs away(I'll call them the GOOD dealer.)

I then spoke with another dealer(Good dealer)on the last day of ordering because I bad feeling that the BAD dealer was just jerking me along and my gut told me that things weren't going to end well with the BAD dealer.

So, I ordered a third truck. This truck I received, from the GOOD dealer put in a lower priority number and was an incredible to work with, no BS like the previously mentioned BAD dealer. I really hated the way the BAD dealer handled the orders.

So, in discussing the other two trucks on order with the GOOD dealer, I thought I can change dealers since the orders are mine, not the dealer(is this still correct?).

I asked him if they would like me to transfer the orders to have them sold/shipped through them and he was happy to agree. My son wants the Hybrid XL and my grandson may(probably not) want the other XL (EB, AWD with towing package) They will sell the EB if I don't take possession of it.

The good dealer mentioned about changing the priority number, is that even possible????

Thanks, B
3k for pc code change is a new one too. We need to add that asap to the ford dealer book of shame. Hurry, its filling up fast!

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like the word BAD is too mild to describe the dealer who is trying to rip you off. I would use words stronger than that to describe another crooked dealer. Man, I am sorry you got hung out to dry. They want you to refuse them so they can jump them up $8-10K. What a mess.

Sponsored

maggie06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure dealer retail orders get priority codes 10-19, not sure what a pc 20 is.

maggie06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure dealer retail orders get priority codes 10-19, not sure what a pc 20 is

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty sure dealer retail orders get priority codes 10-19, not sure what a pc 20 is.
That's my understanding as well.

OP should contact Ford via chat and ask. They verified my order was a priority 19. I still got scheduled for April even with the high priority code.
Sponsored