MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there anyone that offers different color replacement trays? I really don’t like the look of the orange tray and would like to replace it with a silver color to accent the rest of the silver in the truck.
Sponsored

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there anyone that offers different color replacement trays? I really don’t like the look of the orange tray and would like to replace it with a silver color to accent the rest of the silver in the truck.
Seems like I watched a YouTube video (not one of @fordvideoguy's) about ordering different a color from Ford. Are the XL, XLT, and Lariat all orange?

OP
OP

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems like I watched a YouTube video (not one of @fordvideoguy's) about ordering different a color from Ford. Are the XL, XLT, and Lariat all orange?
I believe the xl is black and the lariat is the brown. I feel like the black don’t go well with the navy blue interior. Thats why I would like to do the silver to break it up.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Lariat's interior colors include Desert Brown instead of orange.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if you could paint it using paint that adheres well to plastic. Perhaps try it out on one of the smaller inserts. I would also use a good primer.

Sponsored

TpaTruck

I think I saw someone selling insert replacements and different color options on amazon. I believe they were black with different color accents. Maybe check there?

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if you would be interested but I got these off Amazon and just took the orange ones out. ?🤔
Ford Maverick Orange tray replacement 71T0j1EC1nL._AC_SY450_PIbundle-15,TopRight,0,0_SH20_

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used Plasti-Dip, gunmetal grey, took multiple coats and I still need to give the large tray another coat as I missed an area. But overall happy with it

Ford Maverick Orange tray replacement 338B6513-D58E-4D6A-9B50-D4F8D43C5DE2

OP
OP

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used Plasti-Dip, gunmetal grey, took multiple coats and I still need to give the large tray another coat as I missed an area. But overall happy with it

338B6513-D58E-4D6A-9B50-D4F8D43C5DE2.jpeg
How’s it holding up?

Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How’s it holding up?
I just did it yesterday and did another coat when I got home tonight to get where I missed. It seems fine, other than the paint smell when I got in the truck after work today. If it’s anything like the other times I’ve used plastic dip, don’t like it, apply some heat (would try hot water in this case) and it should peel right off. Hoping won’t want to or have to do that.🤞

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Day5 and the smell has finally went away. Very pleased with how it turned out and the $7 price was right. Didn’t use 1/3 of the can

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mikey,

Just do a trade with an XL owner like I did on this video. You will see that both interiors end up looking much better. It's free and takes seconds.

Sponsored