2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just my 2 cents:
I ordered a moonroof sight unseen. Now that it arrived I wish I didn’t because the opening is kinda small and so far back it is better for the rear seat passengers than the driver.
The hitch is a great inexpensive item to add to your order for $100. It would cost 3-4 times more aftermarket.
There are many better, less expensive options for floor mats than Fords.
Ford mud flaps have been noted as damaging the paint on this site. I’m going to add universal flat ones available for a fraction of the Ford ones.
Lastly, if you want to add options that are also available from the parts department I would order them there after your truck arrives and you get your 40k Ford Pass Points you can use to pay for them.
great advice, thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
PivotTables

PivotTables

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sliding rear window. My dealer suggested it, but I didn't think I'd need it. For $150-ish, its a cheap option.
nice - I tried adding this, but (at least in Canada) it requires the co-pilot360 which I do not care for. The rear window would end up being over $1,000. I like the idea, but I will pass at that price.

avane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Impreza 5-dr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fellow Ontarian here with XL!

Regrets:

-getting factory spray in bedliner. After market spray (line-x) has superior coverage particularly at the tailgate.
-getting factory floor mats as coverage is not that good (though I will admit at the time, tuxmat didn't have anything so it was a good temp measure

Potential regrets:

-Hard Rollup cover might not do well in winter. Freezes and sometimes hard to roll up from what I've heard but cant confirm as this will be my first winter with the Mav. I've silicone sprayed all moving joints so hopefully that will prevent potential issues
-Getting factory splash guards. Though these are cheaper, they do seem a bit flimsy so we'll see how they do in the winter. Rokblokz looks the best but is way too expensive IMO.

I think those are the main ones. I would have said steelies were a regret but having winters means we need 2 sets of wheels anyways so I ended up using the steelies for my winters and will get some nicer alloys for the summer tires.

fordtoughwait

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The XL comes with Cruise Control now. right? It was not available in 2021 XL orders.. That's what pretty much pushed me to the XLT.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PivotTables

PivotTables

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fellow Ontarian here with XL!

Regrets:

-getting factory spray in bedliner. After market spray (line-x) has superior coverage particularly at the tailgate.
-getting factory floor mats as coverage is not that good (though I will admit at the time, tuxmat didn't have anything so it was a good temp measure

Potential regrets:

-Hard Rollup cover might not do well in winter. Freezes and sometimes hard to roll up from what I've heard but cant confirm as this will be my first winter with the Mav. I've silicone sprayed all moving joints so hopefully that will prevent potential issues
-Getting factory splash guards. Though these are cheaper, they do seem a bit flimsy so we'll see how they do in the winter. Rokblokz looks the best but is way too expensive IMO.

I think those are the main ones. I would have said steelies were a regret but having winters means we need 2 sets of wheels anyways so I ended up using the steelies for my winters and will get some nicer alloys for the summer tires.
good to know.
What was the price difference on the aftermarket spray in bedliner?
Never even thought of the ice on the roll up cover. Good call there.

avane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Impreza 5-dr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not 100$ sure the price diff
good to know.
What was the price difference on the aftermarket spray in bedliner?
Never even thought of the ice on the roll up cover. Good call there.
Not sure the price diff of aftermarket SIBL, but I presume it will be a few hundred more potentially. Worth it IMO. I should also mention that not sure if it's me only but tailgate assist installed, the way it cable bunches up as the tailgate closes, there's some significant rubbing on the side of the tailgate causing paint blemishes....not sure if it's just me. Anyways, aftermarket spray in would spray the entire tailgate and you wouldn't have to worry about the side getting paint rubbed off.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The XL comes with Cruise Control now. right? It was not available in 2021 XL orders.. That's what pretty much pushed me to the XLT.
That is correct. For the 2023 model year ALL Maverick trims get basic cruise control.

To get adaptive cruise control you need to get Lariat Lux (which forces you to order CP360, why it isn't included in the Lariat Lux pricing we'll never know) plus the extra CP360Assist package.

Arby47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Chevy, 59 Volvo PV544, E-Bike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would leave off the swinging toolbox. Even with the toolbox lifted off, the bracket takes up just enough room to not be able to slide in a sheet of plywood.
I love the tool box, got it on the drivers side. But it covers up the light! Would get the other side if getting a new one. It also interferes with the tonneau cover latch, but that is not bad. Luckily I do not have to haul plywood anymore. Have the Hybrid First Edition, and best vehicle I have ever owned.

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Opinions will vary of course: In regards to the rear window, I have driven both and actually prefer not having the small slider...my truck is a regular rear window and the view is better IMO. As for the moonroof, love it, makes the cab feel even bigger. I ordered it with the 110w inverter, nice to have for the laptop. One week of ownership and love it. Happy hunting for a 23.

Sponsored

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just my 2 cents:
I ordered a moonroof sight unseen. Now that it arrived I wish I didn’t because the opening is kinda small and so far back it is better for the rear seat passengers than the driver.
The hitch is a great inexpensive item to add to your order for $100. It would cost 3-4 times more aftermarket.
There are many better, less expensive options for floor mats than Fords.
Ford mud flaps have been noted as damaging the paint on this site. I’m going to add universal flat ones available for a fraction of the Ford ones.
Lastly, if you want to add options that are also available from the parts department I would order them there after your truck arrives and you get your 40k Ford Pass Points you can use to pay for them.
What are ford pass points , who are they for

FabMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Buy a (in this case a Maverick) and get 40k points to use for purchasing Ford service and parts. Apply for a Ford Pass Visa card for additional points.

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only thing I regret is getting Area 51. I can live with it, but wish I had gone with White or Silver.

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a XLT hybrid with the following options:

luxury package
Bed extender
Copilot 360
Manual sliding rear window
Hood deflector
Splash guards
Cargo net
Emergency aid kit
Black Maverick Lettering for the tailgate

So mine is pretty well loaded. I think most are justified, and at 28k ish out the door I think those features beat just about everything in its price (on top of also being a truck that can do truck stuff).

The luxury package has creature comforts like an automatic drivers seat, nicer steering wheel, heated everything, all good for what’s gonna be my daily driver. Plus the tricked out bed and the hitch make it a much better truck when it needs to be. This one was a no brainer

copilot 360 I got for insurance purposes and Blind spot montoring. I plan on having the driver assists off from the get go (the alerts can stay and I like auto emergency braking). It literally will pay for itself over the course of the vehicle since I get a discount on insurance so no regrets here.

The bed extender…I might regret? I don’t know how much I’m actually gonna use it. I’m sure the couple times it will come in handy buying a desk or something I will be glad I had it. I feel like the cargo net and the emergency kit go in this category. The bed extender maybe makes the net redundant.

manual sliding mirror just seemed right for a truck. My old ranger had one so it fit with the whole theme. No regrets.

The hood deflector and lettering are purely cosmetic. I like how they look, no regrets.

The splash guards I may regret. If they break or suck I may wish to want better ones from the start but I’ll give them a chance to hold up.

so I don’t regret any of them, but putting them all together cost over 4 grand, so the truck went from cheap to merely affordable, which may defeat the purpose for some. I’m looking at this as a daily driver for at least 15 years, so see all these as being useful to that end.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
400w inverter for the outlet in the cab. Its cheap to add from the factory, but very expensive (almost 10x more) to add after the fact if you end up needing it.
If I had to do it over I'd drop the inverter. It's a low quality inverter and is not pure sine wave. It's also fairly low powered and caused an LED work light to flicker the power is so dirty.

I'd rather have another 12v outlet in the cab and just get an inverter that plugs into the 12v for when I need one. You can get a nice compact 500 watt pure sine wave unit for under $70 on amazon.

I'd also seriously consider dropping the FX4 package particularly since the major mechanical features are duplicated by the 4k towing package which is probably more useful. But the mav was a present to myself for surviving cancer and I liked the wheels. :giggle:

No ragerts at all on the moon roof or rear sliding window. Love them both. And the full sized spare is actually a good value considering that you can't buy a new steel wheel and tire for what they charge.
Sponsored