Sponsored

Ope, Minnesota Thread? Best Thread.

darkvesperia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade
I actually didn't get any confirmation from Ford. Brought this up to the dealer a couple of times and basically got told it's in the system stop bothering us. Tried to talk to Ford and was told get your vin and order number from the dealership and dealership said we don't have to give you shit except for the purchase agreement you got from financial sooo I'm in limbo. I'm guessing the doodoo heads put it as a stock order to begin with. I swear every Ford dealership in the north part of the state is a different kind of asshole.
Sponsored

darkvesperia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade
To add. They did say the person ahead of me never got confirmation until they got the build date.

lcmaxfield

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Clubs

Have any of you fine folks received your Mavericks yet? I'm curious to know how well these things heat up in the cold.

Doxie_Mommy2

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord & Subaru Forester
Have any of you fine folks received your Mavericks yet? I'm curious to know how well these things heat up in the cold.
Not yet. We ordered a hybrid so it’s going to be a few more months. Trying to remain as patient as possible. Ordered 07/05

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I have mine. Heated seats work great and I'm loving the heated steering wheel a lot more than I thought I would!

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I have mine. Heated seats work great and I'm loving the heated steering wheel a lot more than I thought I would!
I've never much been for heated stuff in cars, but man I would have loved a heated rake handle on Wednesday when I was frantically trying to fill the yard waste bin before pickup while getting pelted with sleet and 20mph wind.

Doxie_Mommy2

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are any of you going to swap out the tires for snow tires now that it’s almost winter? If so, what brand do you intend to use?

maverick4natic

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are any of you going to swap out the tires for snow tires now that it’s almost winter? If so, what brand do you intend to use?
I might, due to a commute.

Believe me they are night and day a difference. A buddy and I had the same new car at one point and I opted for snow tires and he with all seasons. He let me test drive his to compare and it was almost scary.

Hands down Bridgestone Blizzak. Can’t say I’m a fan of they other lineups but the blizzaks are beyond worth it. You may pay more up front but they are the best and will also last longer tread wise most of the time.

The biggest thing is you want to swap when temps are consistently 50deg out. After 3 winter seasons and quite a few road trips on them, they were still 80% left!!

Mine were WS60s at the time. I believe there up to WS90 now.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Believe me they are night and day a difference. A buddy and I had the same new car at one point and I opted for snow tires and he with all seasons. He let me test drive his to compare and it was almost scary.

Hands down Bridgestone Blizzak. Can’t say I’m a fan of they other lineups but the blizzaks are beyond worth it. You may pay more up front but they are the best and will also last longer tread wise most of the time.

The biggest thing is you want to swap when temps are consistently 50deg out. After 3 winter seasons and quite a few road trips on them, they were still 80% left!!

Been using Blizzaks for years, both my sons do too. Best winter tires for Minnesota.

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been using Blizzaks for years, both my sons do too. Best winter tires for Minnesota.
Yup same. Blizzaks.
If you keep an eye out at Costco they have alternating tire sales and you can get a great deal on them. Michelin for one sale cycle, Bridgestone for the next. If the wrong one is on sale just look at the "end date" and check after that

I always keep a spare set of rims so i can do the swap myself 2x a year. Put the snowies on as soon as the snow/ice flies, take em off when there isn't a risk of ice under bridges.

Storage is a pain but cheaper than paying for a swap twice a year.

Looks about $550 for DM's, W80's are only about $30 more total

Ford Maverick Ope, Minnesota Thread? Best Thread. Screenshot_20211120-200138_Costco

The DM-V2 has 15% more biting edges than the DM-V1, while the WS80 has 20% more snow biting edges. Hence performance has gotten much better. In terms of short-braking distance in the ice rink test — DM-V2 performed slightly better than the WS80, while the car equipped with WS80 was noise free

Last edited:

Doxie_Mommy2

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks so much for your info!

Doxie_Mommy2

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup same. Blizzaks.
If you keep an eye out at Costco they have alternating tire sales and you can get a great deal on them.

I always keep a spare set of rims so i can do the swap myself 2x a year. Put the snowies on as soon as the snow/ice flies, take em off when there isn't a risk of ice under bridges.

Storage is a pain but cheaper than paying for a swap twice a year.

Looks about $550 for DM's, W80's are only about $30 more total

Screenshot_20211120-200138_Costco.jpg

The DM-V2 has 15% more biting edges than the DM-V1, while the WS80 has 20% more snow biting edges. Hence performance has gotten much better. In terms of short-braking distance in the ice rink test — DM-V2 performed slightly better than the WS80, while the car equipped with WS80 was noise free
Thanks so much!! That’s actually my plan once we get the truck.