Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
This past weekend was the first chance I had to test out my one tree hammock setup. In the past I would tie one end of the hammock to a tree and the other to the roof rack of a SUV.

Because of the hammock I use I can’t use one of the free standing hammock stands. Most of the ones I’ve found are for 10’ gathered end hammocks and I use a bridge hammock. The bridge needs more length than a gathered end hammock.

With the Maverick I opted to try out a bed extender mounted vertically with straps running down to the bed to provide a little back pressure.

IMG_2958.jpeg

Not the best picture but you can see I have one end of the hammock tied to the pole and the other to the extender. My rain fly is tied the same. Worked perfectly for me and I will continue to go this route in the future.

For anyone interested I use;
Dutchware Banyan Bridge hammock
ENO ProFly
ENO Ember under quilt
Top quilt I got on Etsy
Arrowhead Equipment hammock pillow
I use 2 hiking poles to create a porch on one side of tarp
Love the creativity!
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m tempted to try ordering the XL version and see if it will work or if they can make a custom length extension so it could work.
Shipping is a pain here. I have already have a bunch of appropriate sized metal. Really just need a day where I don't have other projects and a chance to fire up my genny and welder. This is what we have already for our Maverick. My idea is to elaborate on it with set of hammock arms that can be used for hammock chairs or regular hammocks. I want to make a modular piece, that can accommodate bikes, hammocks, umbrellas or work tables. Just pick the pieces you need that day and throw it on the base.

These umbrellas are awesome, tested up to 60mph winds for the 8ft and 40mph for the 10ft. Pipeliners cloud, cool company but not cheap, buy the umbrella, and weld the rest.
Ford Maverick One tree hammock camping with Maverick download (5)
sorry it's a stock photo didn't have any of mine at the moment.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s is the rubber pellets that they put in artificial turf.

IMG_2969.jpeg

I was at a paintball field and they put down turf in the corner of the parking lot for people to camp on. The pellets were all over the place from them dragging and unrolling the turf.
Sheesh, what a mess. That can't be good for the environment. Great use of the Maverick. Happy hammocking

Scot LX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Honda Element, Royal Enfield INT650
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

At least I know that mine isn't the only one clicking.

I just planned to have a role up mat in the back, with the tailgate down there is plenty of room. An easy up along for bad weather like the guy used for the 100 hour baseball game would be nice too.

Terrenceyao

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus grey 2022 hybrid maverick XLT lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did something similar. I was at the racetrack and forgot to pack my chair so I used my tailgate net as a hammock.

Ford Maverick One tree hammock camping with Maverick IMG_6562

Ford Maverick One tree hammock camping with Maverick IMG_6576

Ford Maverick One tree hammock camping with Maverick IMG_6577

Ford Maverick One tree hammock camping with Maverick IMG_6578

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester