2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You can clean this up even further, if you're inclined! If you pop open that bottom black part (it's just clips), you'll find that the USB-A port is just an adapter from a mini-B input.

In short, you can get a mini-B to whatever adapter you need and hide everything in the back so you don't have any exposed cables.
Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ok, as I wait for my Maverick to be built, 'someday', I have a question concerning Apple Carplay. My F150 had navigation, which the Maverick does not. I am not a tech person, but my question is: Will I be using 'data' when I use Apple or Google maps? I have purchased a wireless dongle, and currently we only have 3 GIG of data per month with our cell phones. Will I need to get 'unlimited' data going forward once my Maverick is built?
Thanks!
With Google maps, choose offline mode and download maps you use a lot and store them locally on your phone. Download them via Wi-Fi. Once the map images are stored on your phone, the only data used will be to download current data like traffic information.

At least, that's how Google maps seem to work on Android phones. I know it uses a lot less data that way.

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went the wireless dongle route for $38, then velcro'd the dongle up above the wireless charger tray. Works perfect and no cables to deal with.

IMG_0264.jpeg
I did the same thing.

NedF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was a '23 now a '24 Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Lariat Tremor and it has a wireless charger but not wireless connection.
Yeah, I might have misinterpreted Applink... oh well I will look at the best way to connect my phone when I finally have a Maverick in the driveway.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With Google maps, choose offline mode and download maps you use a lot and store them locally on your phone. Download them via Wi-Fi. Once the map images are stored on your phone, the only data used will be to download current data like traffic information.

At least, that's how Google maps seem to work on Android phones. I know it uses a lot less data that way.
Thanks. My phone links with Apple Carplay quite well, even when it is in my jeans left front pocket.
Everything works GREAT!
Sponsored