First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke
Engine
Undecided
Anyone think they might or would add a generator option like the F150 in the future? I’d pay a few more thousand for it.
I know you can plug a few things into the current outlets but would be nice to have more KW.
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Doubt it.

Makes no sense from a product positioning stance. This isn't a premium truck.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doubt it.

Makes no sense from a product positioning stance. This isn't a premium truck.
Disagree, for the non-hybrid F150 the generator is only a $995 option and that's with a 2nd alternator, 2 extra 12v batteries and extra 24V wiring. Less than the new price for the sunroof on the Mav. But much more useful and less "premium".

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 3500-watt backup generator for my house. I have 2 motorcycle ramps so I can load it easily into my Maverick. So, my answer is NO.

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 3500-watt backup generator for my house. I have 2 motorcycle ramps so I can load it easily into my Maverick. So, my answer is NO.
Still a lot of advantages to a Onboard Power Generator especially with hybrid:
  • Don't need to take up space storing an unused generator
  • Don't need to load and unload generator into truck
  • Doesn't take up the limited 4.5' of bed space
  • Don't need to worry if it will start after sitting for months without use and fuel stabilizers
  • Less maintenance than 2nd small gas engine that require frequent oil changes.
  • Quieter operation than standalone generator
  • Less emissions than standalone generator
  • Days of runtime on tank of gas verses hours for a standalone generator
  • No need to refill with gas cans in most situations.
  • Higher efficiency, less gas per kWh

Reactions: Aza

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Disagree, for the non-hybrid F150 the generator is only a $995 option and that's with a 2nd alternator, 2 extra 12v batteries and extra 24V wiring. Less than the new price for the sunroof on the Mav. But much more useful and less "premium".
It's not about how much it costs. It's about product positioning, and the Maverick is a cheap truck.

Why would they add a premium feature on a cheap car? They'll milk it on the F-150 for as long as they can before it comes to the Ranger and Maverick. For those who "need" it, they'll go for those vehicles.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You say "especially for a Hybrid"
If you bought the kit from Ford for 995.00 how would the alternator hook up since there are no fanbelts or room for an external alternator on a Hybrid. The two 12 volt batteries would have to go somewhere, any idea where they would go?

And wiring? Most owners would not void their warranty to install it.

The ecoboost model is different but I also think it's not possible without some custom fabrication.

Best to buy a F150 with that option.

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you bought the kit from Ford for 995.00 how would the alternator hook up since there are no fanbelts or room for an external alternator on a Hybrid. The two 12 volt batteries would have to go somewhere, any idea where they would go?

The ecoboost model is different but I also think it's not possible without some custom fabrication.

Best to by a F150 with that option.
The hybrid setup on the F150 is different from the Maverick. It still has a serpentine belt, etc. And it's a factory build option, not a post-production accessory.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Best to buy a F150 with that option.
Of course a F150 Hybrid would be nice but the lowest MSRP is $44K for the cheapest XL model. And it does not get anywhere near the gas mileage of the Mav Hybrid.

Every F150 Hybrid has a 2.4 KW inverter. It comes standard.
There is an option to upgrade to a $7.5 KW "house" generator for an extra $750 on the F150 Hybrid.

Adding Pro Power Onboard to the Hybrid Mav would be much easier than the EB.
  • No need for a 2nd alternator since every Ford eCVT Hybrid comes with a large motor/generator that is plenty big enough
  • No need for the extra two 12V batteries since the hybrid already has a 450V battery designed for high current draw
  • The Hybrid already has all the smarts to start and stop the ICE as needed to replenish the HV battery.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course a F150 Hybrid would be nice but the lowest MSRP is $44K for the cheapest XL model. And it does not get anywhere near the gas mileage of the Mav Hybrid.

Every F150 Hybrid has a 2.4 KW inverter. It comes standard.
There is an option to upgrade to a $7.5 KW "house" generator for an extra $750 on the F150 Hybrid.

Adding Pro Power Onboard to the Hybrid Mav would be much easier than the EB.
  • No need for a 2nd alternator since every Ford eCVT Hybrid comes with a large motor/generator that is plenty big enough
  • No need for the extra two 12V batteries since the hybrid already has a 450V battery designed for high current draw
  • The Hybrid already has all the smarts to start and stop the ICE as needed to replenish the HV battery.
Well Ford sounds like they have it planned for the Maverick sometime in the future. Time to plan on trading up instead of modifying what you have now.
Sponsored