Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Via Muscle Cars & Trucks interview.

Ford Maverick Pro Power Onboard: What To Expect

“Pro Power Onboard has been wildly successful with F-Series. We’re looking at that. As we go forward with Maverick we’re assessing if that’s something that we wanna do, as well,” said Ford Maverick marketing manager Trevor Scott in an interview with MC&T.

“(Pro Power Onboard) requires the next-generation electrical architecture to be able to reuse what’s on F-150 today. Maverick does not have that,” explained an engineer. “There is a plan to migrate to that architecture in the future. I won’t give you exact timing specifics, but we’re also discussing internally on what kind of DNA runs through all of our trucks.”​

Despite not having the larger engines found in the 2022 Ford F-150, the 2022 Ford Maverick could still produce enough power customers would expect from a Pro Power Onboard inverter generator system.

“We’ve had conversation of some element of power to the box going to be what it is? It could be maybe not a 2.0 kW system. Maybe it is… (with a four cylinder engine) the capability is there, especially with the hybrid. That’s what we’re looking into and ideally leaning into that.”​
Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE, MachE, Explorer, C10
Engine
Undecided
Sounding MY24ish... Would be nice. Or BEV with whole house backup under $30k. One could dream..

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would need that to run power to the tire warmers, as gas generators are getting banned in some states bahahaha.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounding MY24ish... Would be nice. Or BEV with whole house backup under $30k. One could dream..
We live out in the country on a lake and our rural electric cooperative loses power fairly often. It would be nice to have the capability to have emergency power. This is something that would warrant trading my Maverick XL to get, or maybe an after market add.

Last edited:

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After seeing the the f-150s generator on its hybrid I was hoping the Maverick would have the same something that you could run like a few power tools or something off of it maybe not all at one time but it one at a time would be nice for a table saw or something

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We live out in the country on a lake and our rural electric cooperative loses power fairly often. It would be nice to have the capability to have emergency power. This is something that would warrant trading my Maverick XL to get, or maybe an after market add.
If you want more than the 400 watt factory inverter you could go with one of these
https://www.cargenerator.com/
Needs a high output alternator to go much over 1 KW

If you have a Hybrid you may be able to use one of these
https://www.plugoutpower.com/
Fords are not currently on their compatibility list but it may still work.

The other option is to use parts from a F150 to hack one together.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another article about future Mav on-board generator here
https://www.motor1.com/news/557403/ford-maverick-hybrid-mobile-power-generator/

Thought this was interesting.
MC&T also sat down and had a chat with Maverick marketing manager Trevor Scott and he also admitted the Hyundai Santa Cruz rival could double as a mobile generator at some point: "Pro Power Onboard has been wildly successful with F-Series. We're looking at that. As we go forward with Maverick we're assessing if that's something that we wanna do, as well."
I don't think the idea of reserving this "premium" feature for the F150 holds water.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like a mini-F150 Lightning?

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This little truck has tons of potential! Getting in on the ground floor is awesome, and seeing where it goes will be even sweeter.
Honestly though, I don't care if it can power a house... I just want cooled seats and SYNC 4.

Sponsored

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
That's interesting, if they manage to do more than 25 miles I might be interested in a PHEV. I think the prius/rav4 prime are the best freaking vehicles on the road but they cost way too much for the relatively paltry range. Looking forward to seeing how the lightning shakes things up as it'll be the first real world EV truck as far as I'm concerned (made by an actual manufacturer, nationally serviced, marketed towards normal people for the most part).

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This would be a nice feature if it can supply enough power to be useful around the house. At the minimum it would have to be able to power a refrigerator and some other smalls stuff so like 1500 watts to handle the compressor startup.

notliketopgun

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none, Maverick is first car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pro Power Onboard is the one feature j wished the Maverick would have. If they come out with it, it would be a very easy decision for me to upgrade to a new model year.
Sponsored