Non ford topper

Cashman1234

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Looking around I'm not seeing any ARE or LEER toppers available yet. Anyone heard anything form those manufactures? The ford and snugtop look like garbage.
Sponsored

Captain Pork chop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone just posted the other day leer has toppers

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It sounds like Leer is selling the Snugtop model. Only other one I know of is ARE DCU cap. Its old school boxy alloy. They say it can be ordered, but the only pics are of a yellow show model at a car show. Pics are MTC here somewhere.

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Leer owns Leonard and SnugTop. I personally own the SnugTop and it has a Leer manufacturing tag on it. I’ll bet Leer comes out with other tops, but I’d guess they have some kind of agreement not to for some amount of time, anyway, since the SnugTop is sold through Ford only, currently.

I’ve said this in other threads and I’ll say it here: if your preference is a “flat top” that is the same height as the cab because of the look, you may want to not get a topper at all on the Maverick. There are two major problems with going with a top that low on this truck…the first is simply interior space is already SUPER tight even at the SnugTop height. Second is that at the SnugTop height you also have VERY little visibility out the back with the rear view mirror. I got used to it and it’s passable, but any less would not be, and you’re talking several inches less to get a flat top look.

OP
OP
Cashman1234

Cashman1234

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Just want the topper for putting my dog in and also some camp stuff, I’d like it flat so I can install a rack on cab and topper for tent and other gear.

Sponsored

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Leer owns Leonard and SnugTop. I personally own the SnugTop and it has a Leer manufacturing tag on it. I’ll bet Leer comes out with other tops, but I’d guess they have some kind of agreement not to for some amount of time, anyway, since the SnugTop is sold through Ford only, currently.

I’ve said this in other threads and I’ll say it here: if your preference is a “flat top” that is the same height as the cab because of the look, you may want to not get a topper at all on the Maverick. There are two major problems with going with a top that low on this truck…the first is simply interior space is already SUPER tight even at the SnugTop height. Second is that at the SnugTop height you also have VERY little visibility out the back with the rear view mirror. I got used to it and it’s passable, but any less would not be, and you’re talking several inches less to get a flat top look.
I heard all of the same from a local Leer dealer. That being said, they did say "late spring/early summer" for other Leer models to be available. I got the same story from A.R.E. that there will be two fiberglass models this summer.

My biggest frustration with the SnugTop is that they won't allow/put racks on the topper and that combined with the non-flush top makes carrying anything on the roof impractical at best. I'd like a topper and the ability to carry canoes and kayaks on top. Ideally with one cross bar on the cab and one on the back half of the topper. The first challenge is the fact that they won't put one on the topper (you can do it yourself and void the warranty), then it's finding crossbars with different heights that actually match up reasonably.

OP
OP
Cashman1234

Cashman1234

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition
Exactly what I’d like is the rails for the topper so it can be usable. The back looks terrible and the way the top is does not work for putting stuff on top.

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All my previous trucks had crossbars installed on the cap only. Never anything on the cab of the truck. Worked fine.
Sponsored