Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone get a custom order from Fremont Ford (Newark, CA) ? The sales manager said MSRP when asked but reading the Mach E and Bronco forums making me nervous. Promised MSRP but hit with ADM when they showed up. Order is not in production yet and only thing signed was order sheet.
Now is the time to tell them that you want an signed order agreement for price.
Sponsored

M4verick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fwiw, I have a deposit in at Mossy in San Diego to place an order when the window opens in August. They confirmed in writing via email from sales manager that my order would be at MSRP and that my deposit was fully refundable. Between that and a signed purchase order come August, I don’t know what more I could do so I hope they’re honest with me.

mou

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Hybrid, '13 BRZ, '99 Impreza
Capitol Ford treated me well and the process was quick. I picked mines up last week with no markup

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok. So *technically* I did not get a markup from Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood. But they tacked on 2k of dealer addons I didn’t want (alarm, LoJack, etching, etc). The excuse being they came under new ownership from the time I ordered the truck and the time it came in. Needless to say it pissed me off, but unfortunately it’s a seller’s market right now and there’s not much room for negotiation. At least I got *something* for the extra 2k I paid.

Sponsored

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fairview Ford in San Bernardino does MSRP for custom ordered Mavericks (My brother and I both bought our Mavericks from there)
I know it's been awhile, but did everything go well at Fairview. I ordered with them in January. Did they try to ask for anything extra?

DeadWolves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Clubs

i did. how have they been for you? i'm a little worried about them.
Be sure to call them out on markups/services (I too got etching markup) they try to put on the invoice. If you didn't ask for it, it shouldn't be there. I said so and they removed. Also if financing, make sure they don't try to give you an increased APR that differs from what Ford website was quoting. Had to call them to on that as well. Other than that, all good.

Last edited:

schum173

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, 1972 Corvette Stingray
Ok. So *technically* I did not get a markup from Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood. But they tacked on 2k of dealer addons I didn’t want (alarm, LoJack, etching, etc). The excuse being they came under new ownership from the time I ordered the truck and the time it came in. Needless to say it pissed me off, but unfortunately it’s a seller’s market right now and there’s not much room for negotiation. At least I got *something* for the extra 2k I paid.
My maverick is supposed to arrive between yesterday and next Wednesday (according to Ford), so I stopped into my dealer today (which happens to be Sunrise Ford in Fort Pierce, FL) and they tried to add on the VIN etching, LoJack, and paint/interior protection ($299, $699, and $399 individually but was told it was all or nothing). They tried to tell me that it came that way, I challenged that and they said they install it right away when it arrives. Told them I didnt want the VIN/LoJack and to not install them when it arrives. But they also said they couldnt honor price protection, so I am heading back in tomorrow to talk with the ordering and general managers to get it straightened out.

JMGrace

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FR-S
Anybody get their Maverick from Star Ford in Glendale?
I’m waiting on an Area 51 XLT Hybrid from Star Ford right now. I took in my build sheet about 2 months ago, and asked them to sign it to confirm my price. They were very nice about it and one of the managers signed the build sheet. The manager even said, “I would be doing the same thing if I were buying a car right now.” It’s not an offer or anything from financing, but I’m told that should be sufficient to avoid any crazy markups. Plus, I have heard that they are a no-markup dealer. I was a late order (Nov. ‘21), so hopefully this helps a bit.

schum173

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, 1972 Corvette Stingray
My maverick is supposed to arrive between yesterday and next Wednesday (according to Ford), so I stopped into my dealer today (which happens to be Sunrise Ford in Fort Pierce, FL) and they tried to add on the VIN etching, LoJack, and paint/interior protection ($299, $699, and $399 individually but was told it was all or nothing). They tried to tell me that it came that way, I challenged that and they said they install it right away when it arrives. Told them I didnt want the VIN/LoJack and to not install them when it arrives. But they also said they couldnt honor price protection, so I am heading back in tomorrow to talk with the ordering and general managers to get it straightened out.
It arrived today and I picked it up today! 9 months to the day.
Price protected to xplan price from when I ordered (after showing the memo). No extras added (no vin etch, LoJack, etc). Although had I not gone in before it arrived and found out about the extras, they would have added them. And no attempt to sell extended warranty. Sunrise Ford in Fort Pierce, FL.

Sponsored

bcording

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Hybrid
I picked up my Mav at Gosch Ford in Escondido that i had ordered last August. It was sold at the NEW msrp that was a couple hundred dollars more than i was quoted 9 months ago. There was no dealer mark up on the cost of the vehicle. They did try to sell me on the ESP coverage at a higher price than FloodFordESP but when i declined they did not push it. I was also originally quoted a 4.8% interest rate and after i challenged it it went down to .9%.

All in all it was a really decent experience and i would happily go back and work with them again.

markariah

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
I know it's been awhile, but did everything go well at Fairview. I ordered with them in January. Did they try to ask for anything extra?
It was a quick and painless experience. I was in and out in little over an hour. They did not try and add anything on. They offered extended warranty and I declined.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The license plate on this video says Temecula so I would check that city's dealer.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was a quick and painless experience. I was in and out in little over an hour. They did not try and add anything on. They offered extended warranty and I declined.
[/QUOT I just got my vin number on Friday. For some unknown reason, I have not gotten one email from Ford and nobody seems to know why. I did go down to Fairview in April and they showed the order was approved by Ford on their computer. They don't ever call or email, but they are always very nice to me when I stop by. They still advertise on their website that they will not mark up any order, but it is nice to hear from you that it is true! This my be a record for a response on your part. Thanks for getting back to me. I should get my truck before Christmas.

OCSANDRA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just picked up my Hybrid XL from Santa Margarita Ford payed the MSRP.
Sponsored