New Maverick owner to be saying hello

Afishinado

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wagoneer
Ordered my Area 51 XLT hybrid powered beast during the short ordering window, got the order confirmation from Ford on Sept 15th. The truck has one option, a trailer hitch. I am in my 70's and have ordered a few cars, but so far, never have I actually ended up with that car. Just went through 16 months waiting for my 4th Tahoe, and the an Escalade, none of those orders ever actually got to the factory... I ended up with my current main ride, a 22 Wagoneer which I love, but it is really big! My 'daily driver at one place (in SD) is an old Wrangler set up for off roading, and the new Mav will be my daily at the other place (in Florida). Salesman told me Dec-Jan, I have my fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone!
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome aboard!

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered my Area 51 XLT hybrid powered beast during the short ordering window, got the order confirmation from Ford on Sept 15th. The truck has one option, a trailer hitch. I am in my 70's and have ordered a few cars, but so far, never have I actually ended up with that car. Just went through 16 months waiting for my 4th Tahoe, and the an Escalade, none of those orders ever actually got to the factory... I ended up with my current main ride, a 22 Wagoneer which I love, but it is really big! My 'daily driver at one place (in SD) is an old Wrangler set up for off roading, and the new Mav will be my daily at the other place (in Florida). Salesman told me Dec-Jan, I have my fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone!

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome aboard Afisinado. You might want to uncross those fingers every 15 minutes or so to restore blood flow. When your salesman said Dec-Jan did he specify the year?

Sponsored

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome aboard Afisinado. You might want to uncross those fingers every 15 minutes or so to restore blood flow. When your salesman said Dec-Jan did he specify the year?
Actually, with 2023 production starting next month, he has just as good a chance as anyone to get built this year. However long it takes, the Mav videos on my channel can help get through the wait.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Actually, with 2023 production starting next month, he has just as good a chance as anyone to get built this year. However long it takes, the Mav videos on my channel can help get through the wait.
If it starts next month.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Temper expectations to a 1 year delivery, then anything earlier is a pleasant surprise.

Hopefully they do better this year, but realistically I don't think the dealer is being fair to say Dec-Jan.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nothing anyone can tell you here will affect the production of your truck.

Now learn about accessories, mods and all the other stuff.

Good luck!

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome. When you get it, you will find it to be an absolutely delightful vehicle to drive. That is the best description I could come up with. It's that fantastic.

Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Welcome! I don't think the hitch will be a constraint if they can build your hybrid. The dealer should have said Jan thru Dec however.

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome. I truely hope your Maverick comes that quickly.
My dealership told me 6 to 8 weeks. I even questioned them on that time frame and was told that's what Ford told them. Good thing I'm patient. It's been 11 months but it allegedly will be at the dealership on 11/26.

OP
OP

Afishinado

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wagoneer
Yeah, well I'm not putting myself through this wait in the conventional way. This week I am going to own something else to drive until the Maverick comes in... Going to visit a few lots, and see what else I can find. I don't think I need a pick up, I just need something smaller than the Wagoneer! So far my bet is I roll a 22 Malibu out, haven't driven one yet. The parking lots in SE Florida during season are just a PIA and the Waggy is just BIG... I've put 11,000 miles on it so far. I knocked the $900 right rear view mirror off backing out of my garage, and wife parked so close to a curb she scratched a wheel.. $1200 outta pocket I love the car, but not in tight spots! My best bud, drives a 4WD Super Duty, welcomed me to the club! Good luck on your vehicle, when mine shows up I will decide whether to trade in what ever I buy this week, or not. My dealer is getting $7500 over list, I may just take it and flip it!
Sponsored