First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
New to the site. Have a Sept 20, 2022 Hybrid XLT order with local small dealer. I guess time will tell if I am a Maverick owner or not. One email from Ford letting me know they wont forget me for more than 45 days at a time.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome to the Zoo. Please don’t feed the bears and trolls that lurk here in the shadows. They get pretty snarky if you put food out for them. 😊

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well hello and a good morning to you up in the great state of Oregon. Just to let you know the wait unfortunately is long due to Fords problems that they are having . Don't blame it on the great little truck I waited again a long year for mine I'm 67 and a year is a hell of a long time for me .🤔😱 But it is a fantastic little truck so good luck to you stay warm and Happy Thanksgiving to. You from Grey Ghost in Tennessee 🦃🇺🇸 👻👻👻🙂
Ford Maverick New Here IMG_20221012_120757523
of

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome, and get comfortable with the wait.

The real nail biting begins when you get the email that says "in production" followed by the "shipped" email. During my long wait I got used to waiting. When they told me they were actually building it, I got all kinds of anxious.

Does the long wait make it better when it arrives? I don't know, but I sure am happy to have mine.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome! Enjoy the time waiting, cause it's up and down, and all around! :)

As others have mentioned, it's worth the wait! But it's easy for us who now have ours to say this. But many of us waited a long time too! My hybrid is a joy to drive, have only had mine for 3.5 weeks and getting used to how to 'feather' the gas pedal for better gas mileage. One short trip go 60 mpg, many 5-15 mile trips around I get high 40's. I live in a metro area and stay off the freeways as much as possible, so getting above 50-60 mph is rare. Plus, haven't broken engine (they say 1000 miles?) in yet, so not suppose to drive at high speeds for extended periods.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Welcome XLTs are awesome!

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome to the Zoo. Please don’t feed the bears and trolls that lurk here in the shadows. They get pretty snarky if you put food out for them. 😊
weatherman if you keep it up about not feeding the trolls we're going to eat you. please Bright feed the trolls.

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome! Enjoy the time waiting, cause it's up and down, and all around! :)

As others have mentioned, it's worth the wait! But it's easy for us who now have ours to say this. But many of us waited a long time too! My hybrid is a joy to drive, have only had mine for 3.5 weeks and getting used to how to 'feather' the gas pedal for better gas mileage. One short trip go 60 mpg, many 5-15 mile trips around I get high 40's. I live in a metro area and stay off the freeways as much as possible, so getting above 50-60 mph is rare. Plus, haven't broken engine (they say 1000 miles?) in yet, so not suppose to drive at high speeds for extended periods.
I'm staying off the freeway until I get a 1000 mile on my hybrid too and keeping it under 50 mph! I had to borrow my brother truck to pull my utility trailer b/c I didn't want to tow anything until I have a 1000 miles. And living up here in the rust belt (MI) I'm not driving it in the snow until I get it under coated which will be this Wednesday.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm staying off the freeway until I get a 1000 mile on my hybrid too and keeping it under 50 mph! I had to borrow my brother truck to pull my utility trailer b/c I didn't want to tow anything until I have a 1000 miles. And living up here in the rust belt (MI) I'm not driving it in the snow until I get it under coated which will be this Wednesday.
We just moved to SC last year. Past 21 years we lived in Traverse City. Originally from Saginaw area and lived in Oak Park for 2.5 years back in the 90's

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
weatherman if you keep it up about not feeding the trolls we're going to eat you. please Bright feed the trolls.
Oh believe me, I’ve put a few crumbs of my own out there over the past year and half. How do you think I know where they hide?

Sponsored

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We just moved to SC last year. Past 21 years we lived in Traverse City. Originally from Saginaw area and lived in Oak Park for 2.5 years back in the 90's
I head up North every other weekend during the spring, summer & fall to my brother place in Bellaire which isn't to far from TC. The bad part about TC is the housing market! If you owned a home while you lived in TC, you most likely made a killing when you sold your home! Also, you can't beat the good salty bagels in Oak Park :)

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I head up North every other weekend during the spring, summer & fall to my brother place in Bellaire which isn't to far from TC. The bad part about TC is the housing market! If you owned a home while you lived in TC, you most likely made a killing when you sold your home! Also, you can't beat the good salty bagels in Oak Park :)
Guy I worked with in Troy at Ameritech back in the 90's retired to Bellaire on Intermediate Lake. Lives on Snowflake Drive.
We had a bidding war on our house in Williamsburg (April 2021), made good money, came down to SC and paid cash for a brand new townhome, wife didn't want me doing yard work anymore.
We miss northern Michigan, but we sure don't miss the snow!

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome to the Maverick Truck Club. Where dreams come true. Eventually.

Or not.

A lot depends on your dealer. My small local dealer did a very good job, I hope yours will, too.
Sponsored