First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone here already purchased the Napier Truck Bed Tent for their Maverick? Ford accessories is selling it (VPZ6Z99000C38A) for $279. The Napier website is selling them for $139.99 https://www.napieroutdoors.com/us/product/maverick-truck-tent/

Anyone have any input on the quality and/or fit?
Ford Maverick Napier Truck Bed Tent for Maverick Napier Truck Bed Tent
Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's a thread here with couple of guys that have purchased it. It seems like it's not a popular option for the majority here.

I purchased this along with bambeds for my hybrid but I haven't receive the tent yet. I'll let you know once I put it up.

For me having a hybrid version it works. I don't need to have a permanent setup that's heavy and compromising my mpg.

It kinda looks funny and it is a floorless design. So if you're truck is dusty when you reach your destination, it's gonna be inside the tent along with you.

But for the price, I took a chance. Plus there are no other ones that are made specifically for the Maverick.

OP
OP
Randy H.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I reached out to Napier to see if they offered a veteran discount. They replied stating they do offer a 25% veteran discount, but also said starting next Monday a ā€œbetterā€ discount offer will be available on their website that is worth waiting for.

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I reached out to Napier to see if they offered a veteran discount. They replied stating they do offer a 25% veteran discount, but also said starting next Monday a ā€œbetterā€ discount offer will be available on their website that is worth waiting for.
Nice to see the company 1) offering a significant veteran discount and 2) being open about upcoming promotions to help you save money

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have any input on the quality and/or fit?
Napier Truck Bed Tent.jpg
I had a Napier for my previous generation Ranger and it had the so-called bathtub floor.
Ford Maverick Napier Truck Bed Tent for Maverick Backroads_19_Series_1000px_RGB

The Maverick-specific one is is really odd with the tailpipe being covered and floorless. If I was having dark thoughts (which I'm not, for the record), this would be a great way to kill yourself (or your spouse šŸ˜œ).

Sponsored

Cru_Jones

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat 2.0 EcoBoast AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did a trial run on my tent. Overall, Iā€™m happy with the purchase. Itā€™s easy to set up, spacious, reasonably priced and has built-in protectors for the straps that go against the paint.

It would be nice if it had a floor and didnā€™t cover the exhaust but neither are a deal breaker for me.

It fits two different full-size, inflatable mattresses. The length from the cab to the end of the tailgate is 6ā€™6ā€ IIRC.

OP
OP
Randy H.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a Napier for my previous generation Ranger and it had the so-called bathtub floor.
Backroads_19_Series_1000px_RGB.jpg

The Maverick-specific one is is really odd with the tailpipe being covered and floorless. If I was having dark thoughts (which I'm not, for the record), this would be a great way to kill yourself (or your spouse šŸ˜œ).
Now that's funny... Funny like a clown.

Ford Maverick Napier Truck Bed Tent for Maverick Pennywise

FordRick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did a trial run on my tent. Overall, Iā€™m happy with the purchase. Itā€™s easy to set up, spacious, reasonably priced and has built-in protectors for the straps that go against the paint.

It would be nice if it had a floor and didnā€™t cover the exhaust but neither are a deal breaker for me.

It fits two different full-size, inflatable mattresses. The length from the cab to the end of the tailgate is 6ā€™6ā€ IIRC.
Backroads_19_Series_1000px_RGB.jpg

I went camping with this tent and love it. People are covering their tailpipe, why? It's easily avoidable. I personally love that it has no floor. I have a bed mat that I just shake off before putting the mattress down. Since there's no dirt or water/rain to worry about no floor is better for me. With no floor I can even setup the tent without emptying the truck bed.

Last edited:

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could not find any setup instructions online.

Does it work without removing a soft roll up tonneau cover?

I wonder how it does in the rain. Where does the water go being a unibody and no drainage at the bulkhead?
Sponsored