Panther City Outdoors

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if y'all have any suggestions tips or advice when building it with the salesman. I got lucky and bought mine off the lot, and didn't go thru the build process, so any advice is welcome.
Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do a tentative "build" online at ford.com and enter the car dealer's ZIP Code in the form. That will send it to the dealer of your choosing. Some dealers will let you actually place the order over the phone - mine did. But if you're not confident in doing that or if they require that you come in, set up an appointment to complete the actual order in person, when they call you about the build.

If you're not familiar with the dealer, do some research about how they operate - do they only charge MSRP + doc fee, or do they add on mandatory bullshit accessories & warranties, in order to buy from them. Also see if they honor & pass along Price Protection to the customer, in case the price increases between the time you order and when the truck finally arrives.

Ask for a copy of the order and make sure it has the Order Code & Sales Code on it. You'll need those later if you call Ford Cust. Svc. with order questions.

Ask them to send you a copy of the Priced DORA. You should get it by email or text within a few days.

Order example
Ford Maverick My Son is going to order a Mav today | UPDATE 45 days till production Screenshot from 2024-02-26 06-18-46

DORA - Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement
Ford Maverick My Son is going to order a Mav today | UPDATE 45 days till production DORA

Price Protection
Ford Maverick My Son is going to order a Mav today | UPDATE 45 days till production 2023MY _Price-Protectio

The SEARCH function on this site can find a lot of order question discussions. Most questions have already been answered repeatedly. Good luck

OP
OP
Panther City Outdoors

Panther City Outdoors

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
for the money get the trailer hitch
He's getting an XLT Hybrid, w/Lux pkg and trifold cover. I should've put that in initial post.

Trailer hitch for sure, he used to like to sail, and the Mav can easily tow a small sailboat.

StarNut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Marvick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ask about their allocations!

Sponsored

SLH13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allegra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

He's getting an XLT Hybrid, w/Lux pkg and trifold cover. I should've put that in initial post.

Trailer hitch for sure, he used to like to sail, and the Mav can easily tow a small sailboat.
Find a dealer with Allocations! Lots of reading on this site!
Drop the tonneau cover. It is likely to hold up the build and is easily purchased and installed after. (Same if you were planning on mud flaps!)
The less you order, the more likely you are to be built soon. I actually ordered the Hybrid XLT with Lux and was scheduled right away.
Not sure where you are but Granger in Iowa was doing $1000 below MSRP on orders. No extra crap and only $180 doc fee, and 35 transit tag and $100 down payment. They seem to have tons of allocations.

Like someone said, use the search on this site! You can read for days on this! Check the Search titles only box. It will help narrow it down a little.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I would recommend NOT adding any of the usual constrained items like bed covers, mud flaps, etc. Those normally Delay the truck getting built. The dealer or other outside source can install those later and not delay the build. Heck there not hard to install yourself.

And highly recommend the Lux Pkg and ALL the Co-Pilot 360 components. Getting the factory trailer hitch is a no brainer, its a must have!!!!!

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am not sure you'll get a XLT hybrid this model year at this stage.

I would check to see if any are in inventory that match your build before ordering. Search within 500 miles, this will obviously cover everything in Dallas, Houston etc and should include Long McArthur in Salina, KS (who definitely has some hybrid inventory at msrp).

RDRahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tri-fold cover is on short supply. Do NOT include that in your order as it will delay you build. You can always get through your Ford dealer (using your points to pay for some of it) if you want the OEM version. There are many other non-OEM options out there that you might like better and cost a bit less. Do some research on this site to read about those options and what others think.

Personally, I'd recommend adding the co-pilot 360 to your configuration. Some like it some don't see the need, but I think worth it.

OP
OP
Panther City Outdoors

Panther City Outdoors

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also see if they honor & pass along Price Protection to the customer
Thanks for your post, you mentioned 3 really good things I had already forgotten. The dealer we are calling, was recommended by a fellow MTC member. He said, they don't add DAOs are extra BS, but I'm going to verify that before we begin the actual build.

Sponsored

StarNut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Marvick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also, look into the Farm Bureau discount. It cost me $40 to join in VA and saved me $500 on the cost. Well worth the few minutes it takes to join. You need to be a member for 30 days for the discount. I made it by 1 day, but if he joins now, it will be at least a few months before it arrives at the dealership.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You may want to look at Real Truck for your bed cover. They advertise on MTC from time to time and offer discounts to fellow MTC members. I ordered a Gator soft Tri-Fold from them and it got delivered to my house in 2 days. They are easy to work with.

OP
OP
Panther City Outdoors

Panther City Outdoors

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thanks for the heads up on the bed covers, he'll probably hold off on that. We'll also look cast a wide net looking for Mavs on lots too. We don't mind traveling.

Thanks to all for the replies. too.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am not sure you'll get a XLT hybrid this model year at this stage.

I would check to see if any are in inventory that match your build before ordering. Search within 500 miles, this will obviously cover everything in Dallas, Houston etc and should include Long McArthur in Salina, KS (who definitely has some hybrid inventory at msrp).
This is a very valid post since your son wants the hybrid version, they usually seem to take longer than the gas version. At this point in the MY24 ordering banks you may want to consider the Refresh design if the MY25, rumors show a much better screen, no idea what else, don’t think it will be much different exterior but who knows, just a thought

Mervin the Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2019 Hyunda1 Kona, 2002 Chevy S10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do a tentative "build" online at ford.com and enter the car dealer's ZIP Code in the form. That will send it to the dealer of your choosing. Some dealers will let you actually place the order over the phone - mine did. But if you're not confident in doing that or if they require that you come in, set up an appointment to complete the actual order in person, when they call you about the build.

If you're not familiar with the dealer, do some research about how they operate - do they only charge MSRP + doc fee, or do they add on mandatory bullshit accessories & warranties, in order to buy from them. Also see if they honor & pass along Price Protection to the customer, in case the price increases between the time you order and when the truck finally arrives.

Ask for a copy of the order and make sure it has the Order Code & Sales Code on it. You'll need those later if you call Ford Cust. Svc. with order questions.

Ask them to send you a copy of the Priced DORA. You should get it by email or text within a few days.

Order example
Screenshot from 2024-02-26 06-18-46.png

DORA.jpg

Price Protection
2023MY _Price-Protection.png

The SEARCH function on this site can find a lot of order question discussions. Most questions have already been answered repeatedly. Good luck

Order example
Screenshot from 2024-02-26 06-18-46.png

DORA.jpg

Price Protection
2023MY _Price-Protection.png

I totally agree with OzarkBeard on this. Do a build on the Ford Website first.

That’s what I did on my 2023 XLT LUX Hybrid, and I was able to outfit it exactly how I wanted it. My dealer (Jim Click Ford in Tucson) honored the Ford MSRP without any markup other than Dealer Prep and Licensing.
Sponsored