First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bunch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just an FYI... that whole panel that houses the usb ports pulls down quite easily. I pulled it down and there is plenty of room to put this unit inside. A bit cleaner and no change the device will fall off the bottom in the heat.
Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was trying to still work on my 23 Maverick Lariat Lux to work with AppsLink and Sync 3 and no luck. Ford did send me instructions on how to reset, but with a caveat. I guess I better order the wireless adapter you are recommending. Looks like CarPlay and Android Auto will be it.

2315DF29-346E-4329-8401-37EBC7EACFF9.png
What are you trying to do with apps link? From my experience that's pretty useless and old technology, not sure what you mean by getting to work with sync 3, should just plug your Android or iPhone in and it should pull up carplay or Android Auto.

The wireless adapter is just a convenience feature.

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are you trying to do with apps link? From my experience that's pretty useless and old technology, not sure what you mean by getting to work with sync 3, should just plug your Android or iPhone in and it should pull up carplay or Android Auto.
Since the 23 Maverick Lariat Luix came with Sync 3 Navigation, I wanted to just use it on its own, along with the AppLink apps. But, it seems Ford is phasing out AppLink and its system of apps. I've used CarPlay in my 22 Escape and like it. But will take Ford's advice and use Apple CarPlay in the Maverick as well. Thanks!

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since the 23 Maverick Lariat Luix came with Sync 3 Navigation, I wanted to just use it on its own, along with the AppLink apps. But, it seems Ford is phasing out AppLink and its system of apps. I've used CarPlay in my 22 Escape and like it. But will take Ford's advice and use Apple CarPlay in the Maverick as well. Thanks!
I see. My 2022 lariat lux doesn't have the navigation so I'm not sure how that integrates.

I would probably still use Google maps or Waze myself.

nklem

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 and 2022 Hyundai Ioniq Electrics
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a Carlinkit III recently and gave it to my son for his Maverick. No more cords. He plugged in and perfect wireless carplay connectivity since. It was on sale at a discount store. I have used the same one for the last year with no issues.

Sponsored

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see. My 2022 lariat lux doesn't have the navigation so I'm not sure how that integrates.

I would probably still use Google maps or Waze myself.
Yep, will just use what I’ve been using in the Escape. I finally found a weather app that is compatible with CarPlay. I’m curious to test it out since I have not seen a CarPlay weather app that I can use on my two hour drive to the ranch.

Juanderosa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Amazon is running a Lightning sale on this one $56 plus the 5%.

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just an FYI... that whole panel that houses the usb ports pulls down quite easily. I pulled it down and there is plenty of room to put this unit inside. A bit cleaner and no change the device will fall off the bottom in the heat.
Pic? And any issues with heat?

STUFF2C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bunch
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pic? And any issues with heat?
no problem with heat its in the cab AC... and the panel just pulls straight down. I'll try for a picture
Sponsored