Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I se a CarABC version "5.0" now on Amazon, while the 4.0 dropped by a few bucks. Any ideas what the differences may be?
Yes, someone else mentioned the 5.0 version also. I am sorry, I don't have any experience with that model. I assume it is an updated version? Maybe I can ask the seller.
Sponsored

texasPI

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This one seems to be working better than the TNVTEC AutoBox. Haven't had any reboots or connection problems.

Carabc CarPlay Adapter https://amzn.to/40gagH4

Thanks, I just sent back the TNVTEC one a few days back because I had constant problems with it. Gonna try this one out!

OP
OP
Irvinec32

Irvinec32

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I just sent back the TNVTEC one a few days back because I had constant problems with it. Gonna try this one out!
Yes, seems like the TNVTEC has not been good for some Maverick owners and fine for others.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Irvinec32

Irvinec32

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I se a CarABC version "5.0" now on Amazon, while the 4.0 dropped by a few bucks. Any ideas what the differences may be?

Ok, I asked the seller about this 5.0

"Bluetooth 5.0 and Bluetooth 4.0 mainly differ in transmission speed and coverage. Bluetooth 5.0 standard was proposed in 2016, low-power mode transmission ceiling for 2Mbps, the farthest working distance to 300 meters; Bluetooth 4.0 standard was proposed in 2012, low-power mode transmission ceiling for 1Mbps, the farthest working distance to 100 meters. "

Too much coverage is bad, since I really don't want this to connect to my phone in the house. Haha. Speed might insignificant, but it certainly won't hurt.

Last edited:

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought the 5.0 version. Must be better. It had a higher number. Seems to work fine. Amazon got it here in under 24 hrs. Will wonders never cease?

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was trying to still work on my 23 Maverick Lariat Lux to work with AppsLink and Sync 3 and no luck. Ford did send me instructions on how to reset, but with a caveat. I guess I better order the wireless adapter you are recommending. Looks like CarPlay and Android Auto will be it.

Ford Maverick My new CarPlay Wireless Adapter 2315DF29-346E-4329-8401-37EBC7EACFF9

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This one seems to be working better than the TNVTEC AutoBox. Haven't had any reboots or connection problems.

Carabc CarPlay Adapter https://amzn.to/40gagH4

Thank u for ur reviews. I have updated my list for the new wireless CarPlay setup.
Will steering wheel controls work with the wireless setup?

Sponsored

Juanderosa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bought this one. Ran into one bug. I have my Iphone set up to autoconnect to my Wi-Fi in the house. This thing works by creating a Wi-Fi connection between your phone and this adaptor.

Since I was in range of my house when I tried to "install" it, it didn't connect and didn't seem to work.

I had to go back to the instructions on the Amazon page (since I'm old and the ones on the printed manual are hard to read). In the instructions it tells you that your phone needs to go to a URL to update the device. I wanted me to connect to the Wi-FI with a name of SmartBox and when I did that it said the device was up to date. At that point I realized that the device didn't pair because my phone was still connected to my house Wi-Fi since I was in range.

Outside of that, mine seems to work fine (and I had just done the update to the radio within the last week so this is with whatever the newest radio firmware update is for March 15 2023 for a 2023 XLT).

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely will be needing a wireless adapter when Apple releases its new version of CarPlay in September. It looks like it could take over your entire visual display in your vehicle. Who would want to plug in your USB cable each time you want to see your fuel gauge or how fast you are going, lol. https://www.dealntech.com/apple-carplay-update/

OP
OP
Irvinec32

Irvinec32

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely will be needing a wireless adapter when Apple releases its new version of CarPlay in September. It looks like it could take over your entire visual display in your vehicle. Who would want to plug in your USB cable each time you want to see your fuel gauge or how fast you are going, lol. https://www.dealntech.com/apple-carplay-update/
Well there is a drawback to wireless. Running your bluetooth the whole time on a long trip will drain your battery. That is why I installed a wireless charger too.

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well there is a drawback to wireless. Running your bluetooth the whole time on a long trip will drain your battery. That is why I installed a wireless charger too.

Wow! Impressive modification. You are much more skilled than I am and I would be paranoid about damaging my new vehicle. Why wouldn't one just use the wireless charger that comes with the Maverick to maintain a charged phone and still use Bluetooth? Thanks for the great video info.
Sponsored