My Maverick Needs a Replacement Gas Tank

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape SE
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to ask if anyone had to get their tank replaced due to the recall? My Maverick finally came in after 8 months of waiting. Went to pick it up and got a call just before, telling me it needs a new gas tank and they have no eta for when it will come in.

Thanks,

Jon
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape SE
I got an update from the dealership today. They said that ford is telling them they will have no information regarding when a new fuel tank will be available until the end of the month. I hope this doesn't happen to any of you all. It's a never ending process. It's been a struggle the whole way through.

Dirt820

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man, that sucks. Keep us in the loop.

OP
OP
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape SE
Well, at least you aren't driving around with a damaged fuel tank, unaware of the danger,
Very true. I just wanted everyone to know what they may be in for even after they get the dealer call.

Sponsored

mjacobs06

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat 2.0
I got an update from the dealership today. They said that ford is telling them they will have no information regarding when a new fuel tank will be available until the end of the month. I hope this doesn't happen to any of you all. It's a never ending process. It's been a struggle the whole way through.
This lines up with what my dealer is telling me as well. Mine said that it'll likely be February, but no real ETA yet and could be longer. Brutal.

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man I really don't know what to say list of things wrong with the Maverick is unreal not being able to get parts spray in bedliner tonneau covers xct. getting the EPA to okay the hybrid a back seat belts tie downs a gas tank the build dates being changed all around or some of us the allocation process it just seems to be one thing after another. me myself I'm just beginning to wonder maybe it's just me? 🤔 I don't know !!??

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man I really don't know what to say list of things wrong with the Maverick is unreal not being able to get parts spray in bedliner tonneau covers xct. getting the EPA to okay the hybrid a back seat belts tie downs a gas tank the build dates being changed all around or some of us the allocation process it just seems to be one thing after another. me myself I'm just beginning to wonder maybe it's just me? 🤔 I don't know !!??
Yes, it has been a long wait for all of us. You just need to take a deep breath, relax, sit back and look at the whole picture - it's not only you here. If it wasn't for the pandemic, which also keeps getting worse everyday, then we might not have had all of the supply issues that we currently do and it's not only Ford that is having issues - it's everyone. Unfortunately, Ford had no control over the EPA testing, the chemicals used for the spray in bed liner are in short supply partly due to the severe freezing weather that Texas had earlier that affected one of the plants in Texas that makes them, and the fuel tanks were made properly except that the company that Ford used to put in the SIBL decided to screw them up.

The build dates go back to having the parts available, and unfortunately there still is a supply issue with the container ports still being backed up for who knows how much longer.

Even before the pandemic and the supply chain issues, in 2019 I waited for over two months from the time that I ordered a new Escape until the time that it was built and delivered. I'm not happy with the longer wait times, but at least I know that I will eventually get my Maverick. There will always be someone who has the attitude of "I want what I want and I want it NOW" and to them I just say "Good Luck and How is that working out for you".

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Weird you’ve been waiting for “8 months” but orders didn’t even begin being taken until 7 months ago and production began not even 5 months ago.

It’s clear ordering a new vehicle in this day and age is very, very new to people.

1st E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Yes, it has been a long wait for all of us. You just need to take a deep breath, relax, sit back and look at the whole picture - it's not only you here. If it wasn't for the pandemic, which also keeps getting worse everyday, then we might not have had all of the supply issues that we currently do and it's not only Ford that is having issues - it's everyone. Unfortunately, Ford had no control over the EPA testing, the chemicals used for the spray in bed liner are in short supply partly due to the severe freezing weather that Texas had earlier that affected one of the plants in Texas that makes them, and the fuel tanks were made properly except that the company that Ford used to put in the SIBL decided to screw them up.

The build dates go back to having the parts available, and unfortunately there still is a supply issue with the container ports still being backed up for who knows how much longer.

Even before the pandemic and the supply chain issues, in 2019 I waited for over two months from the time that I ordered a new Escape until the time that it was built and delivered. I'm not happy with the longer wait times, but at least I know that I will eventually get my Maverick. There will always be someone who has the attitude of "I want what I want and I want it NOW" and to them I just say "Good Luck and How is that working out for you".
I found my truck on Friday,after work. I called, confirmed it was on the lot. Drove from Knoxville to Virginia 6.5 hrs. And bought my truck. Simple. I got home at 10:30pm

Sponsored

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found my truck on Friday,after work. I called, confirmed it was on the lot. Drove from Knoxville to Virginia 6.5 hrs. And bought my truck. Simple. I got home at 10:30pm
Good luck with your new ride. There are some dealerships that have some in stock if you take the time to find them and then go get it. What are its specs?

Did you pay over MSRP for it?

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep mine is one of those with the gas tank issue. You might know. I quit waiting patiently just before Christmas and purchased a 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro-X. However, after much debate decided that I'd go ahead and buy the Maverick. Even after 3 months of transit and now another month or more it's gotten a bit ridiculous. I am glad they caught the gas tank issue. I have a feeling there are some riding around with this issue that just don't know it yet.

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So can't you just patch the fuel tank with PRC or something until they get a replacement?

1st E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Good luck with your new ride. There are some dealerships that have some in stock if you take the time to find them and then go get it. What are its specs?

Did you pay over MSRP for it?
Yes I payed 3% over invoice. They offered me 8500 on my 2011 trade in so it all worked out and is affordable. My AAA ins went up 10 bucks and that includes gap insurance.I did 5 years 1.9% Ford motor credit with a 723 fica score. Taking my virtual tour with an advisor this Saturday to completely figure out all sync 3 has to offer.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I payed 3% over invoice. They offered me 8500 on my 2011 trade in so it all worked out and is affordable. My AAA ins went up 10 bucks and that includes gap insurance.I did 5 years 1.9% Ford motor credit with a 723 fica score. Taking my virtual tour with an advisor this Saturday to completely figure out all sync 3 has to offer.
For a First Edition that's not too bad. Guess someone didn't want to wait for it and you made out in the end.
Sponsored