SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I picked up a J&L oil catch can shortly after getting my truck. I have now owned the truck since 2/18 and have had the oil catch can on for about a month I would guess. Decided to check the can the other and low and behold it works. So I would say for $160 its nice knowing that crap is not getting sucked back into my engine and potentially leading to early carbon build-up issues. YMMV!!

Ford Maverick My Experience with a J&L OCC 0011AE57-6D59-4D6F-88EB-55A339FAF965
Sponsored

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How many miles in the one month timeframe? Do you tend to use the boost regularly in normal driving or are you a 'feather footed' driver?
Just a guess, but it looks like about 1-2 Tablespoons of oil in the CC. Is that about right?
I watched a YT about installing one brand(unknown) and it involved removing the intake for access to the inlet from the PCV system. That's a lot of effort just to plumb in a catch can.
tom

OP
OP
SnyperX

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How many miles in the one month timeframe? Do you tend to use the boost regularly in normal driving or are you a 'feather footed' driver?
Just a guess, but it looks like about 1-2 Tablespoons of oil in the CC. Is that about right?
I watched a YT about installing one brand(unknown) and it involved removing the intake for access to the inlet from the PCV system. That's a lot of effort just to plumb in a catch can.
tom
Oh it was a trip to install. I bet it took me a solid 3 hours. As for the boost, I mean I am not slamming the gas, but I am not soft footing it either. As for the liquid in the catch can, it was pretty watery and smelled of fuel. It was the color of fresh oil though.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh it was a trip to install. I bet it took me a solid 3 hours. As for the boost, I mean I am not slamming the gas, but I am not soft footing it either. As for the liquid in the catch can, it was pretty watery and smelled of fuel. It was the color of fresh oil though.
Is this the upper or lower install? I see 2 PCV locations and it seems to be the lower front install was deemed most important. Did you remove the intake to install the CC? I have seen a posting that says it can be accessed without removing the intake but is tight.

OP
OP
SnyperX

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this the upper or lower install? I see 2 PCV locations and it seems to be the lower front install was deemed most important. Did you remove the intake to install the CC? I have seen a posting that says it can be accessed without removing the intake but is tight.

Yes, removed the intake for this install. I thought it was still tight after removing, but I have larger hands.
Sponsored