Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

First up, I’m not a professional reviewer, I’m just your everyday person who owns a Maverick. With that out of the way, I’ll get right to it. Living with this baby has been a joy in that I’ve had to come from a bigger slower truck (Nissan Titan, F150) to a faster, smaller truck which handles like a car so my impressions on the core areas that affect me are; mileage and effiency, performance and creature comforts.

Mileage and effiency; constantly hitting 25/26 mpg combined was always going to be a winner with me coming from vehicles that did anything from 13 to 16 combined so shelling out less $$$ at the pump makes me happy.

Perfomance; I’ve always had trucks that were laborious to drive. So anytime summer came around, my wife would move over to her convertible and I would gladly move over to the Ford Edge and I loved it a lot. With the Maverick, I get that same thrill I get when I drive either the convertible or the SUV so I’m happy about that as well.

Creature comforts; on this topic, I appreciate the fact that everyone has their opinions in terms of price points versus trims. I chose the FE because when you have certain features that have become everyday use for you, moving away from them seems like its not worth it so everything from keyless entry to the active X seats and everything in between was necessary.

I love the heated steering for winter driving, The B/O sound system sounds amazing and I’m really not seeing what improvements to make to them, interior isn’t Uber premium but its adequate for what type of vehicle it is.

My final take, this car isn’t pretentious but it has character. It is ready for almost any mod that you want to throw at it which gives it the ability to be personalized (can’t say that about the competition though), and it marries everything everyone wants, affordable, small footprint, flexibility and a head turner 😁.
Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since I'm reading about the plastic interior being an issue, can you elaborate how the FE door panel material and dash composition feels? Is the bed liner holding up or puddling water?

OP
OP
Lexx

Lexx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Since I'm reading about the plastic interior being an issue, can you elaborate how the FE door panel material and dash composition feels? Is the bed liner holding up or puddling water?
Good question and to answer this, I just asked my wife her overall feeling about the interior because she’s a very particular person and she thinks its very well made. For your second question, we took a trip to Canon Beach this weekend with our luggage in the bed and the rain was horrendous yet I’m thrilled to report our luggage wasnt wet at all. The bedliner is fabulous and doesn’t puddle water at all
Sponsored