First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was just about to post this. He's one of my favorite reviewers as his channel is big enough he doesn't have to risk being blacklisted for making criticisms. So he's one of the rare reviewers that doesn't try to just be a salesman, and gives his very honest unfiltered opinion.

OP
OP
jtpc2021

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Rapid Red Lariat First Edition has decals already peeling off the passenger side door and the hood decal has a corner torn off. Didn't notice it a few days after I took it home.
Aww man, Guess the dealer will have to get you replacements eventually.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I haven't had a chance to watch the review yet, but did the doors have a solid sounding thunk?

Sponsored

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't had a chance to watch the review yet, but did the doors have a solid sounding thunk?
I'm happy to say yes. At 8:14, he quotes "You can hear that the door has a really solid sounding thunk so that gives a great impression of quality."

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only halfway through the video, but good info. Not much I hadn't heard elsewhere but he does a great job explaining it.

He points out the brake lights are incandescent - I'm aware of the cost-cutting with the Maverick but on the higher-trim Lariat that just boggles the mind. I know there are aftermarket lights in the works but still...

OP
OP
jtpc2021

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only halfway through the video, but good info. Not much I hadn't heard elsewhere but he does a great job explaining it.

He points out the brake lights are incandescent - I'm aware of the cost-cutting with the Maverick but on the higher-trim Lariat that just boggles the mind. I know there are aftermarket lights in the works but still...
He briefly points out that the running lights around the brakes are LED. This is not the case on the XLT or XL.
So the Lariat ends up having a similar rear brake light perimeter glow that you see on the Bronco Sport.

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The door thunk and visor test are the two most important factors in choosing a new vehicle

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He briefly points out that the running lights around the brakes are LED. This is not the case on the XLT or XL.

So the Lariat ends up having a similar rear brake light perimeter glow that you see on the Bronco Sport.
If you can keep yourself from ever looking at a Lariat, you'd never miss it. Unfortunately, I was at the Houston auto show where they had a XLT and Lariat both with lighting on side-by-side and you really do notice the more premium look of the Lariat and the XLT headlights and taillights are clearly missing something once your brain registers it should be there, lol! cannot be unseen!

With that and the bunching issue with the fabric on the XLT seats pushed me to the Lariat trim as the way to go for me.