Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So a new car with a tune will out accelerate a 56 year old car. That’s impressive. 👍👍👍
A 56 year old high performance car, that people would call a real Shelby. Just a comparison of reality. Sure a Tesla can be fast enough go back in time but who cares they are never gonna touch a top fuel dragster. I bet its already faster than all 80s Shelbys. Which were faster than anything from the 70s but slower than the 60s. You can also buy a RC car for $99.95 thats faster than all of em at its scale :ROFLMAO:

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
A 56 year old high performance car, that people would call a real Shelby. Just a comparison of reality. Sure a Tesla can be fast enough go back in time but who cares they are never gonna touch a top fuel dragster. I bet its already faster than all 80s Shelbys. Which were faster than anything from the 70s but slower than the 60s. You can also buy a RC car for $99.95 thats faster than all of em at its scale :ROFLMAO:
How about comparing it to a newer GT 350? Even if you mod it enough to be comparable what are you going to do with the four banger sounds? Unless of course you keep a somewhat quiet exhaust system and maybe pipe in some V8 engine sounds over the speakers.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How about comparing it to a newer GT 350? Even if you mod it enough to be comparable what are you going to do with the four banger sounds? Unless of course you keep a somewhat quiet exhaust system and maybe pipe in some V8 engine sounds over the speakers.
Honestly modern V8s sound kinda crap to me. They generally all do. Its just the way they are cammed and the cat requirements. My favorite V8 sound is definitely a Flathead Ford. Other than that a Windsor V8 with glass packs welded to the headers and turndowns or a set of purple hornies is as good as it gets. As far as comparing it to a modern GT350. I mean you make any car fast ya know. Im sure someone has build a Yugo that can hang with one. I still think someone some where someday with put another 2.0 in the bed of a Maverick and it will be awesome and fast. Probably overweight but the traction will be insane.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Modern V8’s sound like crap, that’s a new one on my 63 year old ears. To each his own.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Honestly modern V8s sound kinda crap to me. They generally all do. Its just the way they are cammed and the cat requirements. My favorite V8 sound is definitely a Flathead Ford. Other than that a Windsor V8 with glass packs welded to the headers and turndowns or a set of purple hornies is as good as it gets. As far as comparing it to a modern GT350. I mean you make any car fast ya know. Im sure someone has build a Yugo that can hang with one. I still think someone some where someday with put another 2.0 in the bed of a Maverick and it will be awesome and fast. Probably overweight but the traction will be insane.
You never hear the cams of a Coyote, just a screaming 4 cam Howl from 3,000RPM to 7500 or 8000RPM.

Reactions: Guv

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You never hear the cams of a Coyote, just a screaming 4 cam Howl from 3,000RPM to 7500 or 8000RPM.
Yeah there has been one on island since they came out. Its nice enough but still isnt that great to me. You cut their exhaust up and send it out the side and I will enjoy it a bit more. But you gotta take into account that I was going to tractor pulls with 1000s of hp when I was 3 weeks old. Aircraft engines, twin big blocks. National drags all through my child hood, Petty driving experience at 16. Unlimited hydroplane, Indy 500, Outlaw sprints. Local circle tracks, you name it i've been around it in the stands and in the pits. Any vehicle that has any exhaust system other than open headers sounds compromised to my ears. Any engine sounds good to me as long as its full throttle and in race trim.

On the street the burbly sound of a "high performance" 170 hp flathead V8 is the most pleasing.

Sponsored

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Coyotes sound wicked, inside the car too. An LS/new GM performance V8 with a bad ass exhaust sounds like it’s ripping up the asphalt. And I personally had an SRT 300C with a Corsa X pipe exhaust, again wicked sounding. All the other things you speak of a lot of us have been exposed to, mostly off the streets. 😉

nascarlurg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2023 Toyota Tacoma Off- Road,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wasn't there a 4 banger turbo from Chrysler with the Shelby name on it? Just sayin...

I like the stripes.
Yes there was....about the same time Dodge had the 4 banger Daytona Chargers...(84-86ish) man they were awful. Its like the muscle car was trying desperately trying to return from the grave... Sad thing is if someone had a mint one today...it would actually probably be cool.

I'm not going to pick on the guy or his buddy who posted it here....I understand what hes going for...no need to knock him. I think its fine and if hes happy that's all that matters.