Sponsored

Maverick won't recognize phone for Apple Carplay?

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi!

I'm starting the second leg of my road trip tomorrow with the Maverick and heading home. My apple carplay has been nothing but fantastic until today. A few times today while turning on the truck and plugging in my Iphone it wont immediately start apple carplay when I plug into the front USB. The first time it took a few minutes of unplugging, replugging, and trying different cords. It finally reconnected with the original cord and it worked.

The second time my girlfriend somehow got it working by going to the find mobile apps screen and hitting the "find mobile apps" (pretty sure thats what its called) a few times. It came up with the error about it not being an apple product then randomly started working. I also tried starting and restarting the Maverick a few times and removing my Iphone and re-adding it but that did nothing then randomly started working. I can't fiddle with the truck tonight due to it being in a Valet garage (I'm in the city this is my only choice) until tomorrow. I would like to try to get this working ASAP tomorrow as soon as I get the truck I plan on getting our things loaded and hitting the road.

Has anyone else had this issue and has been able to resolve it? What did you do?
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Have you updated your iPhone to the latest iOS? I know there was a specific CarPlay fix in the latest update.

Last edited:
OP
OP

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you updated your iPhone to the latest iOS update? I know there was a specific CarPlay fix in the latest update.
Didnt know there was an update until I just looked! Its IOS 15.2.1 and im downloading it now. Ill report back tomorrow!

Reactions: Aza

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Didnt know there was an update until I just looked! Its IOS 15.2.1 and im downloading it now. Ill report back tomorrow!
I hope it works!

OP
OP

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope it works!
Thanks me too! It didnt start having this issue until today after few short trips around the city. Soon as it started working it was fine. It did automatically start charging when it was plugged in so hopefully its an input issue on iphone side.

Reactions: Aza

Sponsored

OP
OP

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Turn off your phone and then restart it.
Tried that as well and didn't help. Downloaded the 15.2.1 update and will try it tomorrow when I get the truck back. Hoping it works quickly just like it did before.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
probably a bad cord, new cord fixed mine

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Check to make sure the lightning port on phone is clear too, and free of debris. That can lead to the phone making a bad connection

Sponsored
OP
OP

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Aza was correct! It was my iphone suddenly bugging out, installing the 15.2.1 update helped it connect flawlessly for the trip home! Its weird that it didn't give me issues until yesterday but seems to be fixed now!

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@Aza was correct! It was my iphone suddenly bugging out, installing the 15.2.1 update helped it connect flawlessly for the trip home! Its weird that it didn't give me issues until yesterday but seems to be fixed now!
Yay!! Glad it worked!!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hi!

I'm starting the second leg of my road trip tomorrow with the Maverick and heading home. My apple carplay has been nothing but fantastic until today. A few times today while turning on the truck and plugging in my Iphone it wont immediately start apple carplay when I plug into the front USB. The first time it took a few minutes of unplugging, replugging, and trying different cords. It finally reconnected with the original cord and it worked.

The second time my girlfriend somehow got it working by going to the find mobile apps screen and hitting the "find mobile apps" (pretty sure thats what its called) a few times. It came up with the error about it not being an apple product then randomly started working. I also tried starting and restarting the Maverick a few times and removing my Iphone and re-adding it but that did nothing then randomly started working. I can't fiddle with the truck tonight due to it being in a Valet garage (I'm in the city this is my only choice) until tomorrow. I would like to try to get this working ASAP tomorrow as soon as I get the truck I plan on getting our things loaded and hitting the road.

Has anyone else had this issue and has been able to resolve it? What did you do?
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

OP
OP

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi FMC,

Thanks for the reaching out but this was two months ago lol. I was able to resolve this with installing the latest iphone update that fixed this.

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After getting my 2022 Maverick back from A No Start warrantee repair, my center front USB plugged failed to provide power or maps in apple Car play..tried several chords.. no luck. But hours later after turning car off and on, it started to work..no clue why (dry 95 degree clean conditions). I now have both power and Apple Car play maps etc…Bluetooth options did work all the time..its a connector plug related issue.
Sponsored