First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, I have to spend over $2000 extra on an XLT model to get a cruise control, which doesn’t appear to come standard on the XL. That’s BS.
That is a bummer. Every beater truck I've ever rented has had cruise. Seems like it should be a PCM software feature plus steering wheel switches, not a big cost. Maybe there is a network complexity or part incompatibility (gateway, message db, etc) that makes basic cruise cost prohibitive on a XL

Sponsored

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I have to spend over $2000 extra on an XLT model to get a cruise control, which doesn’t appear to come standard on the XL. That’s BS.
Cant tell you how bummed I am about that. Literally, 101A + base model was the ONLY thing I wanted...

I think its just Fords way of getting more money, not a cost issue. CC is literally standard on most auto models these days.

Tiberius Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Crown Victoria
Yeah, that's pretty disappointing. Even my 14 year old Crown Victoria has cruise control and power seats and that's about as bare bones a car as you can get.

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly, I will probably still get a XL and add aftermarket CC later. Would still save me about $3k with options I am interested in.

Scoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford focus
Honestly, I will probably still get a XL and add aftermarket CC later. Would still save me about $3k with options I am interested in.
Would that void the warranty. Can you have one installed on the hybrid I wonder.

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is a bummer. Every beater truck I've ever rented has had cruise. Seems like it should be a PCM software feature plus steering wheel switches, not a big cost. Maybe there is a network complexity or part incompatibility (gateway, message db, etc) that makes basic cruise cost prohibitive on a XL
Would that void the warranty. Can you have one installed on the hybrid I wonder.
Not sure. The ones I have used in the past were plug in - though it was a bit more intricate than simply "plug in", but it could be taken out with relative ease.

Sponsored

Tiberius Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Crown Victoria
My question is why each trim only has one interior color option. I'd go for a Lariat but that blue/brown doesn't work for me. I'd much rather have the black/grey from the XL, just with the Lariat features.

ericjtsang

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 540i
My question is why each trim only has one interior color option. I'd go for a Lariat but that blue/brown doesn't work for me. I'd much rather have the black/grey from the XL, just with the Lariat features.
My guess is cost. the more streamlined production is, the less cost involved? Ford likely just chose the colors they think most people would want.

James

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not happy about the cruise control issue either. I will not pay for stuff I don't need just to get cruise control.

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cyber orange comes in XLT but I do not like the interior color. I specked a XL to how I want it and it’d cost 2k less that the XLT I would want....decisions decisions

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Cyber orange comes in XLT but I do not like the interior color. I specked a XL to how I want it and it’d cost 2k less that the XLT I would want....decisions decisions
I keep going back and forth between XL and XLT, I can't find the 3k (cad) jump being worth it just for nicer seats and wheel design
Sponsored