tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick just turned 1 y.o. with 14k. My mileage is a little high and I'm planning some big trips in 2024.

Solution? Occasional Turo road trip. I can rent a Hyundai for 2 days, $104. I'm gonna put 600 miles on it and stay in a hotel. Save the Maverick for spring/summer camping trips when I need the gear space. Keeping 600 miles off Maverick is easily worth $100, maybe 3-4 times a year?
Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick just turned 1 y.o. with 14k. My mileage is a little high and I'm planning some big trips in 2024.

Solution? Occasional Turo road trip. I can rent a Hyundai for 2 days, $104. I'm gonna put 600 miles on it and stay in a hotel. Save the Maverick for spring/summer camping trips when I need the gear space. Keeping 600 miles off Maverick is easily worth $100, maybe 3-4 times a year?
It’s a motor vehicle which meant to be driven.

OP
OP
tom_tucker

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've not used Turo, but I've heard those rates they list easily double once they tack on all of their back end fees.
$103.53 total!

Ford Maverick Maverick stays home - Turo road trip? CaptureCheap.JPG

OP
OP
tom_tucker

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s a motor vehicle which meant to be driven.
14,000 miles in a year. I'm not afraid to drive her. But depreciation and warranty mileage can't be fully ignored.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I could see if ya wanted to rent something specifically fun, otherwise I dont see the point. The more miles you put on it now the more usage you get for your money before age and decay set in. Paint fades, rust happens, rubber cracks, electronics corrode. Thats a time base problem. Only the drivetrain is affected by mileage at an increased rate. Even the hybrid battery pack has time related issues.

OP
OP
tom_tucker

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could see if ya wanted to rent something specifically fun, otherwise I dont see the point. The more miles you put on it now the more usage you get for your money before age and decay set in. Paint fades, rust happens, rubber cracks, electronics corrode. Thats a time base problem. Only the drivetrain is affected by mileage at an increased rate. Even the hybrid battery pack has time related issues.
Just to stave off a little deprecation, and keep the factory warranty for longer. I'll still hit 36k well before 3 years. The cost of an Ext Warranty is also based on mileage. Certainly after it's out of warranty, mileage doesn't matter. I'll still put plenty of miles on Maverick even with a couple of Turo rentals per year.

OP
OP
tom_tucker

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rented a 2011 Hyundai Sonata ($106) and Maverick stayed home. 40 hours, 600 highway miles, 2 days skiing. Really nice actually. You forget how nice a mid-size sedan is on the highway. I went about the speed limit. Smooth GDI engine, steel wheels and solid roof, no sunroof. Really solid ride. You can tell the difference in wind resistance compared to Maverick. Longer highway range than Mav Hybrid too. I got close to 600 on the tank, could have made it home. 33 mpg at the pump.

Ford Maverick Maverick stays home - Turo road trip? 20240202_074609

Last edited:

ArtP

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The more miles you put on it now the more usage you get for your money before age and decay set in. Paint fades, rust happens, rubber cracks, electronics corrode. .
Talking about the vehicle or the driver?:oops:

DavidM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just to stave off a little deprecation, and keep the factory warranty for longer. I'll still hit 36k well before 3 years. The cost of an Ext Warranty is also based on mileage. Certainly after it's out of warranty, mileage doesn't matter. I'll still put plenty of miles on Maverick even with a couple of Turo rentals per year.
I searched Turo in our area for a Maverick Hybrid, but could not find ANY! What is the Daily Rate you are able to advertise your Maverick? Do you set a Min number of days?!
Sponsored