Sponsored

Maverick seats for a big guy. Same as Bronco Sport?

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am really wanting to pull the trigger here but Im a bigger guy 6ft 260lbs and many vehicle seats are getting smaller. I really want to sit in this truck before I pull the trigger and place an order. I'm trying to figure out if these are the same seats as the Bronco sport as I've sat in that truck and it feels fine. Many other vehicle seat bottoms are too narrow digging into your thighs or the seat backs dig into the sides or your back, near your kidneys. Anyone offer up some ideas on these seats?
Sponsored

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am really wanting to pull the trigger here but Im a bigger guy 6ft 260lbs and many vehicle seats are getting smaller. I really want to sit in this truck before I pull the trigger and place an order. I'm trying to figure out if these are the same seats as the Bronco sport as I've sat in that truck and it feels fine. Many other vehicle seat bottoms are too narrow digging into your thighs or the seat backs dig into the sides or your back, near your kidneys. Anyone offer up some ideas on these seats?
I fully understand your thoughts on the seat comfort and also for me, leg space. I am happy to see that the Maverick has a tilt and telescope steering column as this really has helped me to find that comfort zone in many vehicles. . I have faith in Ford and their truck division taking care of us with a full size American frame..... âś”
We shall see when the product starts to roll out but I have faith that all will be well - I truly hope so for you, me and many more.

Scooter66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Talk to a dealership and see if you can order a Maverick with a refundable deposit. Since dealerships can sell a normal spec truck (ie don’t load up with a bunch of options that people don’t need) it’s not a risk for the dealership. This way you get one on order with really no risk for you or the dealership. The video explains a lot on how the process works.

Last edited:

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At this point there is no guarantee, but it’s a good chance that because the Bronco Sport is built in the same plant, that the seats for the Maverick come from the same supplier.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the seats have adjustable Lumbar support, even in the XL. As mentioned elsewhere it has tilt/telscoping steering wheel too in all trim levels. If you want 100% confidence it works for you, the obvious answer is wait until you can actually sit in 1 before buying. These things are going to be around for many years- no need to stress out on "pulling the trigger" on pre-ordering!

Sponsored

OP
OP
vezpa

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer is giving me stupid money on my trade so I need to do this quick before the used car market bubble bursts. Can trade it in now and drive my other car while I wait for the Maverick.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer is giving me stupid money on my trade so I need to do this quick before the used car market bubble bursts. Can trade it in now and drive my other car while I wait for the Maverick.
I did that too.

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I keep hearing that the Maverick may have similar seats to the Bronco. Can anyone give a guess as to how they think the Maverick seating might be for someone 6"4" tall? I am lean so I am not as worried about the width of the seats, etc, just the headroom. This truck will be primarily for my wife (I will continue driving the F-150 Supercrew) but I will be driving it some, particularly on any longer trips we decide to use it for. Appreciate any thoughts.

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
I am really wanting to pull the trigger here but Im a bigger guy 6ft 260lbs
Me, too. FWIW I rated the seats in the Escape among the worst aspects of the car, but after 26K miles, I find they have done nothing "wrong." The car is perfectly comfortable to drive for long periods of time, quite a pleasant surprise! If Escape seats are like Bronco Sport seats, are like Maverick seats, that is.

Sponsored

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Chicora