First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got off the phone with the Ford and got a little more info on the timing once you get your "In Production" email. I have seen many versions of the timing from multiple posts that vary substantially, so I figured I would post the version I got right from the factory. I was told that it "typically" takes about a week and a half, (versus the couple of days stated in the email) to build once it goes into production. Now here's the catch. If your vehicle is chosen for a QC check, that can easily add another week and a half to that time. It will then show as "Built" and then ship. Depending on where you live, the USA shipping time will be anywhere from 15 to 30 days IF you don't get stuck at a rail station waiting for an auto transport truck. So if all goes as planned (which as we all know, is rare) you should have your truck 4 to 6 weeks after it hits the "In Production" stage. Hope this helps and clears things up for those that still have questions that you have not been able to get a straight answer on. As an FYI, I ordered on 8/16 and had an original production week of 11/15 which moved to 11/22, but then I hit "In Production" status on 11/13. So the time after ordering through hitting production is the real variable.

Edit: I should also have mentioned that all this info is based on the EcoBoost engine. Hybrids could be a completely different story.

Ford Maverick Maverick Production, Build and shipping timing directly from Ford Mav email
Sponsored

Last edited:

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fully loaded Maverick Lariat, Harley Fat Bob
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your blend date is a week before production and the tracker will update to "In Production" on the blend date, even though your truck isn't yet coming down the line. At least that is what happened with mine and a bunch of others that I have seen. (Blend date is when all the parts & materials are being gathered for your build and put in their stations)

Mine shipped 11/13. Here's to hoping it comes before Thanksgiving 🍻

OP
OP
AngeloInSC

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your blend date is a week before production and the tracker will update to "In Production" on the blend date, even though your truck isn't yet coming down the line. At least that is what happened with mine and a bunch of others that I have seen. (Blend date is when all the parts & materials are being gathered for your build and put in their stations)

Mine shipped 11/13. Here's to hoping it comes before Thanksgiving 🍻
So what was your total time from your "In Production" date to your "Built" date?

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got off the phone with the Ford and got a little more info on the timing once you get your "In Production" email. I have seen many versions of the timing from multiple posts that vary substantially, so I figured I would post the version I got right from the factory. I was told that it "typically" takes about a week and a half, (versus the couple of days stated in the email) to build once it goes into production. Now here's the catch. If your vehicle is chosen for a QC check, that can easily add another week and a half to that time. It will then show as "Built" and then ship. Depending on where you live, the USA shipping time will be anywhere from 15 to 30 days IF you don't get stuck at a rail station waiting for an auto transport truck. So if all goes as planned (which as we all know, is rare) you should have your truck 4 to 6 weeks after it hits the "In Production" stage. Hope this helps and clears things up for those that still have questions that you have not been able to get a straight answer on. As an FYI, I ordered on 8/16 and had an original production week of 11/15 which moved to 11/22, but then I hit "In Production" status on 11/13. So the time after ordering through hitting production is the real variable.

Mav email.png
Good info, but I wish the communication was a little better for all involved. If ordering vehicles is the wave of the future, I really hope companies can improve on communication. My Maverick has been "in production" since 10/22. It'll be 4 weeks tomorrow. I have not received a "built" or "shipped" email yet. The modules have been on, and I have a link to "activate my vehicle" in my Ford Pass app. Everything points to my truck being ready, but I have no idea what's going on. It's probably a good thing we didn't/don't pay for this upfront.

OP
OP
AngeloInSC

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good info, but I wish the communication was a little better for all involved. If ordering vehicles is the wave of the future, I really hope companies can improve on communication. My Maverick has been "in production" since 10/22. It'll be 4 weeks tomorrow. I have not received a "built" or "shipped" email yet. The modules have been on, and I have a link to "activate my vehicle" in my Ford Pass app. Everything points to my truck being ready, but I have no idea what's going on. It's probably a good thing we didn't/don't pay for this upfront.
So, based on what I was told, you may be one of the unfortunate ones that had your vehicle pulled for a QC check. This is the first time I heard about that being and additional week plus. Either that, or if you have a hybrid, all of this is mute since I was given this info based on the Turbo. I should have mentioned that in my post.

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD

Yep, but I love this version better.

Jtracing919

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My timeline so far has been: Blend date 10/13, showed in production on 10/13, supposed actual date in production 10/22, built 11/3, shipped 11/5, now anxiously waiting on arrival, eta 11/29-12/6.
2.0 xlt

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, based on what I was told, you may be one of the unfortunate ones that had your vehicle pulled for a QC check. This is the first time I heard about that being and additional week plus. Either that, or if you have a hybrid, all of this is mute since I was given this info based on the Turbo. I should have mentioned that in my post.
I have an Ecoboost. I'm okay with a QC check, just wish we had that communication. I mean, my ETA is still 12/3 and that hasn't changed. Without communication though, I fear that ETA will be moved back at some point. I shouldn't complain. There are many others who have it worse than me right now.

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My timeline so far has been: Blend date 10/13, showed in production on 10/13, supposed actual date in production 10/22, built 11/3, shipped 11/5, now anxiously waiting on arrival, eta 11/29-12/6.
2.0 xlt
This is my exact timeframe, but I have not gotten a built or shipped email. Part of me hopes I'm one of those lucky ones that has their truck just show up at the dealer without any communication that it had been shipped...

Reactions: wjg

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2.0 xlt
Interesting that you have a 11/3 built date and the factory was closed November 1-5! :unsure:

Sponsored

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks much for the info and update from Ford Angeloin. My in production date is the same as yours - 11-13-21 and I'm a 2.0 EB Lariat. The tracker has been working for the last few days and so I'll wait for the 1 and 1/2 weeks from 11-13 and hopefully we're built at that time and move forward. What you got from Ford makes sense in terms of a timeline and I think their communication has been very good. I do feel for those who are waiting for the "in production" notice and date and those who are stuck in production.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been on this forum since June and this is the first time reading about a random quality check taking an extra 1.5 weeks!

mclumber1

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 STX
Hopefully mine has the highest quality, since it's been "in production" since October 14th!

OP
OP
AngeloInSC

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2.0 xlt
Well that's good because it does fit into the parameters that were laid out on my call with them.

OP
OP
AngeloInSC

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hopefully mine has the highest quality, since it's been "in production" since October 14th!
That certainly sounds extreme. Have you called them? The number I got is 800-334-4375. I'd be curious about the answer you got. You will need your VIN and order number to get the details.
Sponsored