First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, no love for a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder, and manual transmission?
I’m also hoping for NA 4 cylinder, but I’d still have to opt for an automatic because this would be our only vehicle and we’re both old and a clutch doesn’t play well with old joints😁
Sponsored

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
So, no love for a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder, and manual transmission?
I highly doubt it. Every new ford for the last 10 years hasnt had a n/a option. USA or EU.
manual is POSSIBLE but highly unlikely for the usa market. Maybe for Latin/ South America or Europe. Where manuals are a much higher percentage. But not usa. Basically the only vehicles with a manual still are sports vehicles.

Jasper6144

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I highly doubt it. Every new ford for the last 10 years hasnt had a n/a option. USA or EU.
manual is POSSIBLE but highly unlikely for the usa market. Maybe for Latin/ South America or Europe. Where manuals are a much higher percentage. But not usa. Basically the only vehicles with a manual still are sports vehicles.

I wouldn't say highly unlikely at all, since sales of new vehicles with manual transmission went up to 7% last year...after hitting that all time low of 2.4%

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't say highly unlikely at all, since sales of new vehicles with manual transmission went up to 7% last year...after hitting that all time low of 2.4%
that’s mostly thanks to the Bronco and new Toyota GT86.

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
I just like the 85 additional foot pounds of torque (when comparing the 2.0L versus 1.5L in the Bronco Sport) That made a hell of a difference when cruising at highway speeds...
Based on Ford escape stats, the 1.5 l weighs 87 lb less than the 2 l. Although the 2 l has a lot more horsepower and torque, 87 lb is a significant amount of weight when it comes to performance.

1.5l EPA 26/31, 2.0l EPA 23/31

I drive a 2016 Ford Fiesta ST with a 1.6 l ecoboost engine. The difference between me having plenty of fun and driving for maximum mileage is 6-7 miles per gallon, 31 or 32 versus 38 MPG. It can be done, but it takes a lot of self-control! I think my mileage would be higher in both cases, but our driveway is very long and steep and composed of gravel, which really kills the mileage.

There's a lot of concern about the 1.5 l with its cylinder deactivation and start/stop. I'm a performance buff, and high mileage is a valid pursuit of performance. I kind of like knowing what the engine is doing, so if there's a little vibration here and there letting me know what's going on that's cool, as long as it's not obnoxious or significantly compromises durability. What can I say, I'm an old motorhead!

Sponsored

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on Ford escape stats, the 1.5 l weighs 87 lb less than the 2 l. Although the 2 l has a lot more horsepower and torque, 87 lb is a significant amount of weight when it comes to performance.

1.5l EPA 26/31, 2.0l EPA 23/31

I drive a 2016 Ford Fiesta ST with a 1.6 l ecoboost engine. The difference between me having plenty of fun and driving for maximum mileage is 6-7 miles per gallon, 31 or 32 versus 38 MPG. It can be done, but it takes a lot of self-control! I think my mileage would be higher in both cases, but our driveway is very long and steep and composed of gravel, which really kills the mileage.

There's a lot of concern about the 1.5 l with its cylinder deactivation and start/stop. I'm a performance buff, and high mileage is a valid pursuit of performance. I kind of like knowing what the engine is doing, so if there's a little vibration here and there letting me know what's going on that's cool, as long as it's not obnoxious or significantly compromises durability. What can I say, I'm an old motorhead!
3467lbs for the Bronco Sport 1.5
3677lbs for the Bronco Sport 2.0

(the bigger rear center diff add some weight to)

so 200 more lbs of weight there.

so 54.8 Lbft per 1000lbs in the 1.5
But 73.4 lbft per 1000lbs in the 2.0

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
3467lbs for the Bronco Sport 1.5
3677lbs for the Bronco Sport 2.0

(the bigger rear center diff add some weight to)

so 200 more lbs of weight there.

so 54.8 Lbft per 1000lbs in the 1.5
But 73.4 lbft per 1000lbs in the 2.0
Which kind of center differential do you think the Maverick will get?

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which kind of center differential do you think the Maverick will get?
open center diff on the lower trims.
Dual clutch on the higher trims with the 2.0

pmkco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus, Flex
I would be willing to bet that the 2.0 will be available in an XL but for fleet only.