Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well it's all finished up and loaded!

I started this about a month ago, specifically for the Maverick to pull.

The trailer itself empty came in at 1390#, has a single 3500# axle under it, 29" 8 ply tires. The side by side is 1450#, tent and the remainder of the gear around 300#'s. Final weight came in under 3200#'s.

The tent is a Smittybilt, the enclosed part houses a on demand/instant hot water shower, portable toilet, toiletries, 1400 watt generator, power inverter, propane tank, portable instant up shower surround, two burner multi fuel stove, stainless griddle, food, 16 gallons of fresh water, large marine battery on the tongue along with a spare. The drawers on the passenger side all allow for the entire length of the drawer to come out to access the Hardigg cases with the gear/food etc. in them and the center is the cooking shelf.

I pulled it today, tracks straight as an arrow, plenty of power (and I'm a guy greedy for power). I didn't install trailer brakes, the truck stops this really well.

The negative side is the truck squats quite a bit. I have a solution for this, that's coming next week.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0363.jpg
IMG_0364.jpg
IMG_0365.jpg
IMG_0367.jpg
Love it! Looks simple and practical. Don't you wish you had a 6 foot bed so you could sleep in that and be impervious to storms and weather?
Sponsored

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is a very nice set up . I have been working on mine. It will have a CRF 300 mounted crossways in the front and a camper that rolls off the back . This stuff is so much fun ,hopefully we see a lot more DIY designs as the trucks get delivered . Thanks for sharing. O I am trying to make it work on a 4x8 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.