First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 for maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, Has someone taken the Maverick to an automatic carwash. My question is do you just put it in Neutral or do you have to press the L and turn it off as the manual says?
and do you take the antenna off ?

thank you
Sponsored

bsly137

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Hi, Has someone taken the Maverick to an automatic carwash. My question is do you just put it in Neutral or do you have to press the L and turn it off as the manual says?
and do you take the antenna off ?

thank you
I've been to an autobell, N with foot off the brake. My antenna did just fine.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you use a car wash where you must get out of the vehicle, the Maverick will put itself into park when you open the door. Here are owner's manual instructions -

Ford Maverick Maverick in automatic carwash - N gear? cw_1

Sponsored

OP
OP
luciusxlt

luciusxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 for maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thank you all for the response where i go i don't have to get of the car. so i would just put it in N out brake off .

thank you for your help

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, first, don't do that if you respect your paint.
A hundred times this. Take care of your paint, handwash it in spring/summer fall with two buckets and good soap/wash mitt, rinseless wash it in winter or if you're not around a water supply. Don't believe the "brushless" car washes as being safe for your paint.

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, first, don't do that if you respect your paint. But if you must, make sure auto brake hold is off and put in neutral. And no you don't remove your antenna.
eh, all I've ever done is take my vehicles though an automatic car wash. Never a problem.

Well, except for the time it ripped the drivers side mirror off my S-10. But that was before all vehicles had "break away" mirrors. Although it definitely still broke away....

Last edited:

mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
shift to neutral and turn off auto brake hold. Again, remember to turn off auto hold, it's easy to forget you have it enabled. :D

Sponsored

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you use an automatic car wash, put it in Neutral! I noticed someone stated not to remove your antenna. I would DEFINITELY remove the antenna as it is very susceptible to breakage on top of the cab. It takes all of 5 seconds to unscrew and the attendant will be happy to do it for you if you ask.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thank you all for the response where i go i don't have to get of the car. so i would just put it in N out brake off .

thank you for your help
That won't work....you need to paper clip page 185 (the above page) in the manual for yourself.

gman62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport to Maverick?
A hundred times this. Take care of your paint, handwash it in spring/summer fall with two buckets and good soap/wash mitt, rinseless wash it in winter or if you're not around a water supply. Don't believe the "brushless" car washes as being safe for your paint.
Your buying a truck to be a truck and your afraid of a car wash? Nothing wrong with a car wash as long as it is one of the better ones. High end dealer by me sends all his Porches, Mercedes, BMWs to same car wash. Dont hear anyone with their $100,000 car complaining about it. Your doing far more damage to your car in winter with road salt on it by not getting it cleaned on a regular basis.

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, first, don't do that if you respect your paint. But if you must, make sure auto brake hold is off and put in neutral. And no you don't remove your antenna.
Yes, respect the paint if you can, my 2008 Miata has never seen a carwash since birth.

Ford Maverick Maverick in automatic carwash - N gear? MY  CAR
Sponsored