Sponsored

Maverick Hybrid vs. Other Hybrids -- drivability and smoothness?

Edrobyn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious. Those of you who have a Maverick hybrid and also own another hybrid. How does the drivability and smoothness of the Maverick compare to others? The reason I ask is that we just bought a Tucson hybrid and the transition between electric and ICE is imperceptible. I have a hybrid Mav on order and was just curious how it might compare to other hybrids.
Sponsored

Hybrid Nut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just curious. Those of you who have a Maverick hybrid and also own another hybrid. How does the drivability and smoothness of the Maverick compare to others? The reason I ask is that we just bought a Tucson hybrid and the transition between electric and ICE is imperceptible. I have a hybrid Mav on order and was just curious how it might compare to other hybrids.
I own both a Maverick and a Chevrolet Volt. The Maverick is smoother in transition back and forth from ICE to electric,. The volt does alot of reving to maintain the battery charge in around town driving. It has no direct connection from the ICE to the wheels untill your going interstate speeds above 70 or so. Its constant reving to charge the battery in hybrid mode is annoying to me. However in the all electric mode the volt is far superior. Very quiet and you can go up to 60 miles on a charge, It has a much bigger battery and is referred to as a plug in hybrid. I cant wait for the Maverick to come out in a plug in hybrid version.

Jim D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius, Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I own a Prius and an xl Maverick. The Maverick is smoother, quieter but the Prius still has better mpg. The Maverick averages 42 mpg while the Prius delivers 49 mpg. Both have seamless shifting. I tend to drive the speed limit and tend not to “push” these vehicles .

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I own a Prius and an xl Maverick. The Maverick is smoother, quieter but the Prius still has better mpg. The Maverick averages 42 mpg while the Prius delivers 49 mpg. Both have seamless shifting. I tend to drive the speed limit and tend not to “push” these vehicles .
Good to see a comparison between the Mav and a Prius. Prius should get better MPG since it is more aerodynamic. My daughter is waiting on a Corolla hybrid and they rate that at 52 mpg. I am getting right around 42mpg with the Mav which is fine as I have only driven it 550 miles in 5 weeks since delivery.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had the original Ford Hybrid.

A 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD.

Sadly, the 2005 was much better.
Felt stronger, more durable, felt like a quality made product. Not as high of MPG 36 City / 29 Hwy.

But I felt totally confident everywhere I went and everything I did with the Escape Hybrid.

I don't have that same confidence in the Maverick Hybrid.

The Mav is making noises it shouldn't, makes shakes and shutters it shouldn't, and the transition from regen brakes to friction brakes is the most abrupt, sketchy, harsh, and opposite of confidence building.

Had this been my first hybrid, I'm sure it would come across as fabulous. Compared to the original Escape I give it two thumbs down. 👎🏻👎🏻

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also had a Rav4 Hybrid and now have a Venza Hybrid. Venza is like a jr. Lexus and it is more luxurious and cost about $10k more, but is smoother and more confident than the Maverick. Venza gets me 46 MPG on the same roads the Maverick will get me 48 MPG.

Maverick has some bugs.
Hope that Ford can work them out.
Sponsored