First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I figured I would put some pics along with some tidbit info I can pass along about how long it took to get the Maverick with pics, some parts I installed myself (aftermarket and Ford Genuine parts), and some interesting things I didn't know about the truck until I had a chance to drive it.

I ordered a Lariat Lux Hybrid in Velocity Blue on July 10th 2021. Here is a pic of the storyline from Ford. I added the SHIPPED and FINAL PREP dates. Ford hasn't updated any further.
Ford Maverick Maverick arrived in Cincinnati OHIO Screenshot 2022-04-30 170234

Originally I ordered Cyber Orange. But in November, I decided it wasn't orange enough after looking at a Ranger with Cyber Orange. There were no Hot Pepper Red examples to look at. So, I went with the Velocity Blue, which is very very BLUE! Love the color.
Ford Maverick Maverick arrived in Cincinnati OHIO 1a
Ford Maverick Maverick arrived in Cincinnati OHIO 2a
Ford Maverick Maverick arrived in Cincinnati OHIO 3a
Ford Maverick Maverick arrived in Cincinnati OHIO 4a
Ford Maverick Maverick arrived in Cincinnati OHIO 5a
Ford Maverick Maverick arrived in Cincinnati OHIO 6a

My Maverick Hybrid is the first hybrid I have seen. I saw an XLT EcoBoost at the Car Show in Cincinnati and another XL EB at the Grocery store and an EB on the Highway. There were two EB's that got delivered with my Maverick at the Dealer. One disappeared when I arrived and I am sure the other one disappeared by now. After all it has been TWO days.

The Castrucci Ford dealership in Milford was excellent. I communicated with the same salesman through the whole process. During those long months of waiting he was nicely patient with me, even when I called him on his days off. After the truck was shipped my salesman let me know when the truck arrived by train at the stop where it would then be trucked to the dealer. At that time I sold my 2019 Spark to Carmax and went to the Ford dealer and arranged all the financing. That all happened a week before the truck arrived at the dealer. When the dealer did receive the truck, I had to wait a day so they could prep it. Remove all the plastic. Wash it. Fill it with gas. Make sure it runs ok. When I arrived to pick up the Mav, the salesman made sure my smartphone was attached to the truck and it was all set up in Fordpass so I got my Fordpass points. I used them to get the bed mat and tailgate cover. I ordered them in advance so they arrived when the Maverick arrived.

Here is some extra info I will pass along now that I have had the truck for a couple days.
Hybrid buyers get a FITT's kit worth $50 bucks. It wasn't in the truck at delivery. So, I think the salesman said it would arrive from Ford via mail. I will have to check on that again.

About driving the Maverick.... My wifes Subaru does that engine start/stop thing at stoplights. You can feel the engine start again because the car vibrates on the start. The Maverick does NOT do that. I suppose it is because it transitions to electric at low speeds. So, the transition happens while the car is moving and you never feel a thing.

I did purchase a bedliner mat and tailgate cover from Ford parts. Both were very easy to put on. But you do need TORX bits 20,25,30, and 40. Even though I got the spray in Bedliner (which looks to be about an 1/8 inch thick and feels hard) both these add-on parts are hard plastic. I was concerned that dragging heavy objects across the spray-in may damage it. Regardless, I really like these add-ons.
Ford Maverick Maverick arrived in Cincinnati OHIO 11a
Ford Maverick Maverick arrived in Cincinnati OHIO 10a

Other things I noticed that I didn't know before.
1. When opening the hood, you pull on the hood release twice. (There is a 2x on the release) This releases the hood then releases the secondary release under the hood. You know how you usually have to search for the latch under the hood? Those days are gone.
Ford Maverick Maverick arrived in Cincinnati OHIO 7a

2. When you are lifting the rear seat or pulling the back of the rear seat open, there is a tether to grab which is spring loaded. Neither will open without pulling out about an inch or so. Also, the bottom seat stay up (considering you aren't still pulling the tether). To release it, you just pull the tether and it locks closed.
Ford Maverick Maverick arrived in Cincinnati OHIO 8a
Ford Maverick Maverick arrived in Cincinnati OHIO 9a

The hole you may notice from the above picture (lower left) is from the rear headrests. I removed them both and stuck them in storage under the seat. If needed they can be retrieved and put in place.

I had ordered a bug deflector from a third party which covered the front of the hood. But the install holes didn't line up. So, back it goes until a replacement arrives. I had heard about paint chipping. It may just be that the paint chips are mostly from offroad or stone road driving. We have all been unlucky enough to get behind a big truck on the highway that is throwing loose debris that will chip the paint or the windshield.

Other likes.
-The stereo is outstanding. I use FM, XM radio, and USB for stories and Music.
-The front cup holders are great. They actually grip whatever cup gets inserted.
-The seats are very comfortable.
-Love the tilt and telescoping steering wheel.

Notes.
-only the front USB are for data/power/charging. The rear USB are power/charging only.
-The gear shift doesn't stop spinning when you turn it. But when you turn it clockwise it stops on D for drive. When you are stopped and turn it counterclockwise it stops on P for park. Not a problem for me. Easy enough.
-When using the parking brake, it shows on the instrument panel when the parking brake is on. And likewise disappears when the parking brake is released.

Well, I Love my New pickup truck and will probably pick up dirt tomorrow. It was a long wait. But Sooooooo worth it!
Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The pull twice to open hood lever is fine and dandy. Requiring the door be opened to access that lever is, IMHO, boneheaded design.

Also, the hybrid does not have an ASS (auto stop-start) button. It does, however retain the switchable Auto Hold feature.

re: the bonus FITS package. Unless things have radically changed it won't be mailed to you by Ford. It will show up in the Parts Department of the dealership, the shipping label having your specific Maverick's VIN printed on it. In my case the package showed up there around 10 days after purchase was finalized (no notification of this from dealer, happened to be nearby and needed to swing by to pick up the license plates anyway).

No idea how any distant/out of state dealers are handling this; presume they still are the ones who receive it and they then mail it to the new owner.

EDIT: Nearly forgot to say enjoy the new truck!

Last edited:

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Congrats on the new truck, looks sharp. Gonna be another new Ohio mav running around Columbus area hopefully sometime in July.

I bought my last new F150 from Castrucci and had a good experience as well.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I figured I would put some pics along with some tidbit info I can pass along about how long it took to get the Maverick with pics, some parts I installed myself (aftermarket and Ford Genuine parts), and some interesting things I didn't know about the truck until I had a chance to drive it.

I ordered a Lariat Lux Hybrid in Velocity Blue on July 10th 2021. Here is a pic of the storyline from Ford. I added the SHIPPED and FINAL PREP dates. Ford hasn't updated any further.
Screenshot 2022-04-30 170234.jpg

Originally I ordered Cyber Orange. But in November, I decided it wasn't orange enough after looking at a Ranger with Cyber Orange. There were no Hot Pepper Red examples to look at. So, I went with the Velocity Blue, which is very very BLUE! Love the color.
1a.jpg
2a.jpg
3a.jpg
4a.jpg
5a.jpg
6a.jpg

My Maverick Hybrid is the first hybrid I have seen. I saw an XLT EcoBoost at the Car Show in Cincinnati and another XL EB at the Grocery store and an EB on the Highway. There were two EB's that got delivered with my Maverick at the Dealer. One disappeared when I arrived and I am sure the other one disappeared by now. After all it has been TWO days.

The Castrucci Ford dealership in Milford was excellent. I communicated with the same salesman through the whole process. During those long months of waiting he was nicely patient with me, even when I called him on his days off. After the truck was shipped my salesman let me know when the truck arrived by train at the stop where it would then be trucked to the dealer. At that time I sold my 2019 Spark to Carmax and went to the Ford dealer and arranged all the financing. That all happened a week before the truck arrived at the dealer. When the dealer did receive the truck, I had to wait a day so they could prep it. Remove all the plastic. Wash it. Fill it with gas. Make sure it runs ok. When I arrived to pick up the Mav, the salesman made sure my smartphone was attached to the truck and it was all set up in Fordpass so I got my Fordpass points. I used them to get the bed mat and tailgate cover. I ordered them in advance so they arrived when the Maverick arrived.

Here is some extra info I will pass along now that I have had the truck for a couple days.
Hybrid buyers get a FITT's kit worth $50 bucks. It wasn't in the truck at delivery. So, I think the salesman said it would arrive from Ford via mail. I will have to check on that again.

About driving the Maverick.... My wifes Subaru does that engine start/stop thing at stoplights. You can feel the engine start again because the car vibrates on the start. The Maverick does NOT do that. I suppose it is because it transitions to electric at low speeds. So, the transition happens while the car is moving and you never feel a thing.

I did purchase a bedliner mat and tailgate cover from Ford parts. Both were very easy to put on. But you do need TORX bits 20,25,30, and 40. Even though I got the spray in Bedliner (which looks to be about an 1/8 inch thick and feels hard) both these add-on parts are hard plastic. I was concerned that dragging heavy objects across the spray-in may damage it. Regardless, I really like these add-ons.
11a.jpg
10a.jpg

Other things I noticed that I didn't know before.
1. When opening the hood, you pull on the hood release twice. (There is a 2x on the release) This releases the hood then releases the secondary release under the hood. You know how you usually have to search for the latch under the hood? Those days are gone.
7a.jpg

2. When you are lifting the rear seat or pulling the back of the rear seat open, there is a tether to grab which is spring loaded. Neither will open without pulling out about an inch or so. Also, the bottom seat stay up (considering you aren't still pulling the tether). To release it, you just pull the tether and it locks closed.
8a.jpg
9a.jpg

The hole you may notice from the above picture (lower left) is from the rear headrests. I removed them both and stuck them in storage under the seat. If needed they can be retrieved and put in place.

I had ordered a bug deflector from a third party which covered the front of the hood. But the install holes didn't line up. So, back it goes until a replacement arrives. I had heard about paint chipping. It may just be that the paint chips are mostly from offroad or stone road driving. We have all been unlucky enough to get behind a big truck on the highway that is throwing loose debris that will chip the paint or the windshield.

Other likes.
-The stereo is outstanding. I use FM, XM radio, and USB for stories and Music.
-The front cup holders are great. They actually grip whatever cup gets inserted.
-The seats are very comfortable.
-Love the tilt and telescoping steering wheel.

Notes.
-only the front USB are for data/power/charging. The rear USB are power/charging only.
-The gear shift doesn't stop spinning when you turn it. But when you turn it clockwise it stops on D for drive. When you are stopped and turn it counterclockwise it stops on P for park. Not a problem for me. Easy enough.
-When using the parking brake, it shows on the instrument panel when the parking brake is on. And likewise disappears when the parking brake is released.

Well, I Love my New pickup truck and will probably pick up dirt tomorrow. It was a long wait. But Sooooooo worth it!
Did Castrucci Milford require you to use their dealer-arranged financing (so they get a kickback from the bank) or were you allowed to use your own? Castrucci in Alexandria KY required me to use theirs or I could not buy the truck. Of course I switched to my own CU the following week.

hooliganmom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on your new Mav, and thanks for the tips! I saw two hybrids this weekend in Dayton. I bet you will see some soon! Maverick owners like to park their trucks next to each other. I am driving my Velocity Blue XLT Hybrid up in CLE, and it sure is easy to find in a parking lot!

Sponsored

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. I'm not far from you. I have mine on order through Beechmont Ford. Wife's 2020 Escape and several other vehicles over the past 10 years were bought from Castrucci in Milford. Congrats. Can I come sit in it? Lol.....Ive only had an opportunity to sit in an XL so far.

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you verify that the drop in bed liner has the opening on the drivers side for the cubby? My order is an XLT which only comes with the passenger side one so I was going to order another to go in the drivers side if it does. Thanks!

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered my XLT lux hybrid from the same dealership on Oct 12th. It’s nice to know that the dealership treated you well.

OP
OP
sn00pyguy

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did Castrucci Milford require you to use their dealer-arranged financing (so they get a kickback from the bank) or were you allowed to use your own? Castrucci in Alexandria KY required me to use theirs or I could not buy the truck. Of course I switched to my own CU the following week.
It didn't appear to be a requirement. Nobody said so or directed me in that direction. I chose the Ford financing because it was 2.9 for 60 months. Better than my bank.

OP
OP
sn00pyguy

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The pull twice to open hood lever is fine and dandy. Requiring the door be opened to access that lever is, IMHO, boneheaded design.

Also, the hybrid does not have an ASS (auto stop-start) button. It does, however retain the switchable Auto Hold feature.

re: the bonus FITS package. Unless things have radically changed it won't be mailed to you by Ford. It will show up in the Parts Department of the dealership, the shipping label having your specific Maverick's VIN printed on it. In my case the package showed up there around 10 days after purchase was finalized (no notification of this from dealer, happened to be nearby and needed to swing by to pick up the license plates anyway).

No idea how any distant/out of state dealers are handling this; presume they still are the ones who receive it and they then mail it to the new owner.

EDIT: Nearly forgot to say enjoy the new truck!
Yes, no one will miss auto start/stop. I like the auto hold feature. At times it can be annoying, but overall I use it. I will definitely let my salesman/parts guys to watch out for the FITTS package. Today's truck schedule: Pick up a yard of topsoil!
Thanks for the info.

Sponsored
OP
OP
sn00pyguy

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on the new truck, looks sharp. Gonna be another new Ohio mav running around Columbus area hopefully sometime in July.

I bought my last new F150 from Castrucci and had a good experience as well.
Castrucci has been good. The Chevy Spark I sold was from Castrucci Chevrolet in Milford. They were good too. I look forward to seeing your Maverick tooling around Columbus as we pass by to head to Cleveland!

OP
OP
sn00pyguy

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on your new Mav, and thanks for the tips! I saw two hybrids this weekend in Dayton. I bet you will see some soon! Maverick owners like to park their trucks next to each other. I am driving my Velocity Blue XLT Hybrid up in CLE, and it sure is easy to find in a parking lot!
We will be moving to the Cleveland area next spring. Hope to see you in a parking lot somewhere! Love the Velocity Blue!

Last edited:
OP
OP
sn00pyguy

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you verify that the drop in bed liner has the opening on the drivers side for the cubby? My order is an XLT which only comes with the passenger side one so I was going to order another to go in the drivers side if it does. Thanks!
Interestingly, I only purchased the Mat and tailgate cover. My truck came with the spray in bedliner. So, both are easy to install (even with the spray in) and neither get in the way of anything. The bed mat allows for the two bed anchors near the front of the bed. I think, but have not verified that at least one version of the bedliner comes in 5 pieces. See the link below for the Ford Modular Bedliner. It looks like this bedliner accomodates the cubby's.
Maverick 2022 Modular Bedliner ~ NZ6Z9900038A (ford.com)

Last edited:
OP
OP
sn00pyguy

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice. I'm not far from you. I have mine on order through Beechmont Ford. Wife's 2020 Escape and several other vehicles over the past 10 years were bought from Castrucci in Milford. Congrats. Can I come sit in it? Lol.....Ive only had an opportunity to sit in an XL so far.
The seats are very comfortable. I think the XL and XLT seats are the same. Although, the XL/XLT seats are cloth seats and mine has the leatherette, simulated fake leather, ActiveX seats, lol. No cows were harmed when making these seats. If I see you in the Madeira Kroger parking lot, feel free to ask for a sit down!

Last edited:

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! Fellow Cincinnatian here, might see you driving around sometime.
Sponsored