Greg Kaffka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Again since this thread is supposed to help those newbies who want to do some DIY but are afraid to tackle this stuff, heres the tutorial on the LED lighting. The point of the LEDs are 2 fold. 1 they last the life of the vehicle. Swap em in now while it's new and not filthy where the sockets are, and 2 these things are effing bright. It's the usual cost stuff from Lasfit, and exotic tech. The multi flash 3rd brakelight LEDs I got from exotic tech on evilbay for $16. The rest was from from Lasfit. They have a complete maverick LED kit for a little over $200.

First up the lighting on the back of the cab. If you dont have torx screwdrivers, no biggie, the screws have slots for a standard blade type screwdriver. Remove all 4 screws, pull the light off the back of the cab. The light sockets are a 1/4 turn counter clockwise and pull out arrangement. Pull the bulbs straight out of the sockets, push in the LED replacements. Then reinstall the sockets to the light fixture opposite of removal, ditto for the screws. The fixture has 2 tabs that fit into holes in the cab sheetmetal. Should take no longer than 15-20 minutes. Prices for the red, and white LEDs to do this are about $18 per pair X 2 pairs. One clear, one red. All this lighting is 12V. It's not going to hurt you at all.

20221115_171124.jpg

20221116_163809.jpg

20221116_163816.jpg
What was the part number or link for the lights on this. I only keep finding red. I wanted to replace red and the white fir better lighting.

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The white light ones are Lasfit. Come 2 to a pack about $20. Easy research on the net. Lasfit shows these for the cargo light. Lasfit has the high bright red too, but not with a panic flash

Gregorious74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg Kaffka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Again since this thread is supposed to help those newbies who want to do some DIY but are afraid to tackle this stuff, heres the tutorial on the LED lighting. The point of the LEDs are 2 fold. 1 they last the life of the vehicle. Swap em in now while it's new and not filthy where the sockets are, and 2 these things are effing bright. It's the usual cost stuff from Lasfit, and exotic tech. The multi flash 3rd brakelight LEDs I got from exotic tech on evilbay for $16. The rest was from from Lasfit. They have a complete maverick LED kit for a little over $200.

First up the lighting on the back of the cab. If you dont have torx screwdrivers, no biggie, the screws have slots for a standard blade type screwdriver. Remove all 4 screws, pull the light off the back of the cab. The light sockets are a 1/4 turn counter clockwise and pull out arrangement. Pull the bulbs straight out of the sockets, push in the LED replacements. Then reinstall the sockets to the light fixture opposite of removal, ditto for the screws. The fixture has 2 tabs that fit into holes in the cab sheetmetal. Should take no longer than 15-20 minutes. Prices for the red, and white LEDs to do this are about $18 per pair X 2 pairs. One clear, one red. All this lighting is 12V. It's not going to hurt you at all.

20221115_171124.jpg

20221116_163809.jpg

20221116_163816.jpg

20221115_171124.jpg

20221116_163809.jpg

20221116_163816.jpg
Do you have the part numbers or links for the white and red lights for the third light. I only keep seeing the red. I wanted to order both.

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Off hand I dont have them, but if you go to the Lasfit website they have them there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One thing I have found since starting this thread is everything I posted except homemade fabricated parts is readily available off the internet. I beat the crap out of the net looking for stuff sometimes. If it's out there, it's on the net. My early postings dont contain links because I didnt know how to do that at the time.

However if i post something with the "manufacturers name" on it, then an easy type into the search bar and the "go" button will find it. Not trying to offend anyone here but is it because everyone wants instant results these days, or they just dont want to take the time to type in and search? Not sure which it is, however I found all these items pretty easily. I'm not a 20 something young guy that grew up with hand held computing devices either. I'm almost 55 years old.

Heres a tech tip. On Amazon and Ebay I always type in 2022 Ford Maverick, or 2022 Ford Maverick Accessories. You can type that into the search bar on the Googles and scroll down. Theres a ton of stuff out there. I bought what I thought would look/work best on my ride, but theres even more stuff out there that you may prefer over what I picked out for me.

Rant over
Back to our regularly scheduled program
Matt

Pete0055

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Avalon, Future Maverick XLT Hybrid Owner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Heres todays how to for the novice. Maverick decal letters. Decals on a car arent just peel and stick. After washing and drying the area where the letters go, you put a "few" drops of soapy water in a spray bottle. You spray where the letters go, then peel and set them in place. This allows you to slide them around to get them where you want them. When they are where you want them, then you press down on them gently with a paper towel to wick out the water. I went with reflective black.

20221127_153754.jpg

20221127_154612.jpg

20221127_154557.jpg
Where did you get the reflective black letters?

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oil and filter change #2 today. I use factory motorcraft filters, and quaker state 5w30 full synthetic. I added a data tag to the radiator support. I have these on all my vehicles since they are all different. Also a next oil change due sticker in the door. I keep log books in the glove boxes, and receipts in folders on all my vehicles. I also have a spider living on my headliner. I named it Charlotte.

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20230607_150317

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20230607_150330

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20230607_150354

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20230607_150401

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20230607_150417

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20230607_153413

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was in walmart looking for some cheap plastic bins to use in my new tool cabinet to segregate and organize my tools. I found these rubbery plastic bins that are a close to match the mavericks interior plastic. These might be good for in the under seat storage area. If I have a leftover or two after I'm done organizing my tool cabinet I may see about using them in my truck. The best part is they are under $4 for 3 bins

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20230609_150723

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20230609_150726

Sponsored
OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gonna pick one of these up for my Maverick to replace the oil drain plug. I have one thats been on my 1994 Silverado since the truck was new. Swapped out the OEM plug for one on its first oil change. 29 years later no problems. It's great. Spring loaded detent, and stainless steel ball valve. No more 15mm wrench needed. Slide the pan under, and open the drain valve. When done turn the valve to close it. The lever drops into a spring loaded detent that's fairly hard to open. Vibration is not gonna pop it loose. The newer ones do have a plastic safety clip though for extra insurance. You can also get these with a hose nipple on it if you want to route an actual hose off of it. Fumoto Engineering. This same part number fits my wifes impala. I may have to get 2 of em. Fumoto recommends their bolt torque on these. They stated that stock drain plugs are torqued in at a higher value and that would damage these. The maverick fumoto valves are to be torqued at 15 foot pounds.

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick Screenshot_20230724-213638_eBay

Last edited:

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gonna pick one of these up for my Maverick to replace the oil drain plug. I have one thats been on my 1994 Silverado since the truck was new. Swapped out the OEM plug for one on its first oil change. 29 years later no problems. It's great. Spring loaded detent, and stainless steel ball valve. No more 15mm wrench needed. Slide the pan under, and open the drain valve. When done turn the valve to close it. The lever drops into a spring loaded detent that's fairly hard to open. Vibration is not gonna pop it loose. The newer ones do have a plastic safety clip though for extra insurance. You can also get these with a hose nipple on it if you want to route an actual hose off of it. Fumoto Engineering. This same part number fits my wifes impala. I may have to get 2 of em. Fumoto recommends their bolt torque on these. They stated that stock drain plugs are torqued in at a higher value and that would damage these. The maverick fumoto valves are to be torqued at 15 foot pounds.

Screenshot_20230724-213638_eBay.jpg
How would you torque that, other than just by feel?
Sponsored