Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Aviator, 2008 Charger R/T
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick Matching valve stem cap color IMG_2821
Is this the correct color to match the orange/copper/gold accents on the wheels? I will not have a green valve stem cap for very long, once my Tremor gets built and delivered.

Tire Valve Stem Caps for Car Tires Air Caps Cover 8 Pack Corrosion Resistant Premium Alloy Leak-Proof Universal for SUV Truck Motorcycle Bike Orange https://a.co/d/105VdSv
Sponsored

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was gonna say never buy metal caps, but then went to the link and saw that the threads are plastic. So yeah, these look nice.

I made the mistake of buying metal ones, and on one of my wheels, It took many tools to get the damn thing to unscrew because the metals corroded together.

OP
OP
GRABBR

GRABBR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Aviator, 2008 Charger R/T
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well, I bought them, having no definitive answer. Not really happy with the color, but the plastic insert is nice. That said, I don’t know if I can keep them, but I suppose I will until I find something that matches the color better.
Ford Maverick Matching valve stem cap color IMG_3475

NatePabrant

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I bought them, having no definitive answer. Not really happy with the color, but the plastic insert is nice. That said, I don’t know if I can keep them, but I suppose I will until I find something that matches the color better.
I was about to post a photo of mine until you did, same. I don't like the color, it doesn't match, that being said, I'm using them.

They are painted plastic as far as I can tell, what I didn't like was that they don't screw all the way. The stock caps DO SCREW and hit the interior rubber gasket. I guess if I'm not going mudding I'll leave them in a bag in the cubby.

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for being the guinea pig. Sorry they didn't match like you wanted. I would have thought they'd be a closer match from the picture. :confused:
Sponsored