Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Installed the Magnaflow cat back exhaust, and I notice when I get on it, (above 4000 - 4500 rpm) I get quite the whistle noise. Anyone else with this exhaust have this? My buddy who has an F-150 twin turbo noticed the same thing when he welded on a twin tip to his exhaust. Could the twin tip be the cause? Magnaflow claims this is turbo whistle, not the exhaust itself?

noise1.mp4
Sponsored

OP
OP
mikeakasully

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Indeed I do!

Bargeld

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Oxford + Black + Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gasket between 2 flanges? Lack thereof?

Sponsored

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed the Magnaflow cat back exhaust, and I notice when I get on it, (above 4000 - 4500 rpm) I get quite the whistle noise. Anyone else with this exhaust have this? My buddy who has an F-150 twin turbo noticed the same thing when he welded on a twin tip to his exhaust. Could the twin tip be the cause? Magnaflow claims this is turbo whistle, not the exhaust itself?

noise1.mp4
The manufacturer may be right. I put a cold air return on my F150 Eco twin turbo and it made a sort of whistling sound, especially letting off the throttle.
It might be the fact that the engine can breath (or exhale) better so the flow of air/exhaust is increased.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

noise1.mp4
I don't hear turbo whistle in this video at all. I think that is just their exhaust note. I love Magnaflow product. I've used it on several trucks and also my Z06 Corvette. But for sure some applications there stuff does not sound great, or even good at WOT. I have seen that complaint specifically about their Maverick kit somewhere else on this forum.

OP
OP
mikeakasully

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine