First Name
Smitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great looking truck! I think 19's are visually the PERFECT size for static lowered Mavericks.

20230224_210224.jpg
Beautiful truck ! I like the 19s but eventually I’m going to bag mine so , I would like to go bigger. They should be here this week.

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Beautiful truck ! I like the 19s but eventually I’m going to bag mine so , I would like to go bigger. They should be here this week.
I bought mine as a daily/work vehicle. I'll put 30-35k on it each year and I don't have time to mess with bags and fittings on the side of the road, so I'm staying static. I agree, bagged trucks look better on wheels bigger than 19's, they really need 22's.

Sponsored

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What size tires you guys running on your 19's? I think 19" are the perfect size for a static drop too. Hell, I don't even mind the stock FX4 17s once the truck is lowered, but I am sure I will want something different once I lower mine. I can't keep anything stock...

OP
OP
Big Smitty

Big Smitty

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Smitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What size tires you guys running on your 19's? I think 19" are the perfect size for a static drop too. Hell, I don't even mind the stock FX4 17s once the truck is lowered, but I am sure I will want something different once I lower mine. I can't keep anything stock...
235/55/19 is proper size. That’s what I’m running.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What are your wheel specs? Any poke at all? I want to find some the fit flush, but not poke out.

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Me too! When I was a young man, my dad would say, "You guys always have to 'hot-rod' everything and you're always hanging those damn trinkets it!" You're in good company on this platform when you say you can't keep anything stock. I say I have a sick-ness.

Sponsored

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

235/55R19 here as well. Just slightly larger diameter than stock, but it helps fill up the wheel well.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great, very nice guys! Now ya'll have me shopping for wheels/tries which I said I wasn't going to do since I spec'd the FX4 pkg just for the black wheels...

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought mine as a daily/work vehicle. I'll put 30-35k on it each year and I don't have time to mess with bags and fittings on the side of the road, so I'm staying static. I agree, bagged trucks look better on wheels bigger than 19's, they really need 22's.
How do you like the ride on the eibachs especially that you drive as much as you do.

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How do you like the ride on the eibachs especially that you drive as much as you do.
I feel uniquely qualified to answer this since I also had a '22 EcoBoost before my '23 hybrid.

I installed the same wheels and tires on my '22 for about two weeks before my '23 arrived. The ride difference absolutely came from the tires. Obviously shorter sidewalls have less give and it's translated into the seats.

The Eibach springs seriously made ZERO noticeable difference in ride quality but definitely helped the handling in addition to the shorter sidewalls.

On a few occasions, on large bumps, I've felt the truck hit the bump stops. Those have to be a BIG bump like a bridge expansion or pot hole I didn't see in time.

Highly recommend the Eibach Pro springs. My build thread is in my signature if you're interested.

Also, I had originally budgeted for coilovers but after the nightmare several people had regarding a good ride I scrapped the idea. I just drive too much to mess with airbags on the side of the road, and coilovers really only go about 1.5" lower than the Eibachs.

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel uniquely qualified to answer this since I also had a '22 EcoBoost before my '23 hybrid.

I installed the same wheels and tires on my '22 for about two weeks before my '23 arrived. The ride difference absolutely came from the tires. Obviously shorter sidewalls have less give and it's translated into the seats.

The Eibach springs seriously made ZERO noticeable difference in ride quality but definitely helped the handling in addition to the shorter sidewalls.

On a few occasions, on large bumps, I've felt the truck hit the bump stops. Those have to be a BIG bump like a bridge expansion or pot hole I didn't see in time.

Highly recommend the Eibach Pro springs. My build thread is in my signature if you're interested.

Also, I had originally budgeted for coilovers but after the nightmare several people had regarding a good ride I scrapped the idea. I just drive too much to mess with airbags on the side of the road, and coilovers really only go about 1.5" lower than the Eibachs.
Yes I read about the bad ride from the coilovers. For the bump stops did you swap out the factory ones for the ones that came with the eibach springs? I did read that a few people talked about hitting the bump stops and recommended swapping out bump stops.
Sponsored