Sponsored

Looking for opinions - 23 Lariat Hybrid I can get now or 24 Lariat Hybrid in December.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine will also be in the garage and since were in south central Texas won't be a huge concern. Hopefully will set the record straight shortly.
Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad you made your choice and got what you could get NOW. Old saying down here is "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." Enjoy your Maverick.

OP
OP

Moosehead87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot - 24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you mean actually buy the Tremor from your father or just buy a Tremor? The only way I would recommend not getting the 23 hybrid is if you were thinking to change your mind and want a AWD Tremor. If it hybrid you want get this one.
Ya I mean she thinks I should buy an F-150 Tremor. Sorry should have clarified a but better.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think after much deliberation I have chose the 23. Thank you all for helping and I appreciate all of your feedback, concerns, and helpful inputs to make my choice much easier! I think the 23 is gonna be all i need and more compared to paying more for just a color...so to be its not worth it. Take care and I'm sure ill be around posting my mods or other things! Happy to be so close to joining the group!

So I found a dealership with a 23 Lariat Hybrid in Area 51 flavor. Has everything I'd want and more honestly. Lux package, floor liners, remote start, block heater, splash guards, 360 and assist, bed mat, no spray in liner. Selling right at MSRP $34,655. The thing is Area 51 isn't exactly my favorite color but I'd deal with it. Otherwise I'd consider it fairly rare to find and was surprised it wasn't gone already. I put a $500 deposit/hold on that till the end of the week.

I also have a 24 Lariat Hybrid Cactus ordered from another dealer but required nothing down and still have no build date or anything (ordered Oct 11th). I think that build was around $36,600~

However I found another dealer that has a delivery date around the first week of December which is essentially exactly the same as my order but has a moonroof (don't mind if it does or doesnt) but roughly the same cost and willing to sell at MSRP as well.

So I was just wondering if the good people here would tell me their opinion which is the better buy. I am more compelled to the 23, because as far as I know I gain the windshield de-icer and a few extra goodies but lack of the spray in bed liner. So $2000 for basically a color I like, a spray in bed liner, and a moonroof I could take or leave, and lose the de-icer which I find value in because I live in South Dakota. Oh and I can get the 23 right now instead of waiting. I dont particularly care about waiting, I just don't want to continue to put miles on or drive the 2018 Honda Pilot I have because it isn't very great on gas. This will likely be my trade in assuming I can get a decent trade, or possibly private party.

My father seems to think the 24 is better as he feels it will have better resale if and when I go to get something newer.

If anyone has an insight feel free to comment. I have till the end of the week to pull the trigger the 23.

Anyways, thanks in advance everyone!
The 23 will have the keypad on the truck, that you will love if you never had one. Also as you mentioned the wiper heater. Truck don't lose value like cars do. After 3 or 4 years, it's condition that values a truck, not the age. Also, remember you paid $2000 less for the 23, I dought the 24 will be worth 2K more when you deside to sell.
Sponsored

Last edited: