Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know any low profile racks that sits the lowest as possible but the same time can accommodate a soft roll cover, and accept load capacity of 400 lb, and less than $500?

The TMS universal version back at post #6 is the closest one. I'm looking for a similar one but a few inches lower than this (usually a non-height adjustable one).
I doubt you'll find something at that price.
Sponsored

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

which roof racks are you using to pair with your elevate racks ? I’m considering to buy a set to pair up with my racks for occasions when I haul long lumber.
Rhino, purchased both racks on realtruck.com. Really pleased with them, lockable and easy to install.

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know any low profile racks that sits the lowest as possible but the same time can accommodate a soft roll cover, and accept load capacity of 400 lb, and less than $500?

The TMS universal version back at post #6 is the closest one. I'm looking for a similar one but a few inches lower than this (usually a non-height adjustable one).

Agreed. From what I found during my rack research period, all your requirements exist (capacity, profile, pricepoint), but unfortunately not in unison. This kit is probably the closest though:

https://billiebars.com/products/billiebars-ford-maverick-2022-present

They don't explicitly say "will hold xxx lbs", but they do say it can be used for rooftop tent installs, which certainly implies the capacity you're looking for. Also has the bonus of not needing t-slot tracks for mounting, which is about a $250 cost savings (most other bed bars attach to t-slot tracks attached to the top of the bed rails).

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rhino, purchased both racks on realtruck.com. Really pleased with them, lockable and easy to install.
thanks! i bought my rack there also

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB XLT LuX FX4 4k cp360 ordered!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Agreed. From what I found during my rack research period, all your requirements exist (capacity, profile, pricepoint), but unfortunately not in unison. This kit is probably the closest though:

https://billiebars.com/products/billiebars-ford-maverick-2022-present

They don't explicitly say "will hold xxx lbs", but they do say it can be used for rooftop tent installs, which certainly implies the capacity you're looking for. Also has the bonus of not needing t-slot tracks for mounting, which is about a $250 cost savings (most other bed bars attach to t-slot tracks attached to the top of the bed rails).
That looks pretty good, thanks for the link! They didn't list the load rating like you mentioned but it seems like it's the shear strength of four screws per bar.

From the sample pictures, the flat L-bracket can probably be re-drill to a lower position, 😄.

Sponsored

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB XLT LuX FX4 4k cp360 ordered!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Dandy Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the listing it said that drilling is required, do you think this drilling was unique for each truck?
That's probably why they said that. No drilling is required on the Maverick, just fiddling with the clamps. Used the same clamps for the Elevate rails & the tonneau cover rails.

JBEN110

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Awd XLT tremor with lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
any idea where i can buy the T bolts that work with the elevate rails?
The short answer, from what I've found, is they're only available as part of the tie-down cleat kit, which is like $75. Suitable t-track bolt substitutes are hard to find too - in fact, I eventually gave up.

I found the gauge of the included hardware to be too large for what I wanted to mount, so shelved the kit for later. What I did was get some t-nuts (like these t-nutz link) and cut the radius ends off flat, so that they slide into the track width-wise. They're wide enough they can't rotate, but slim enough to still slide in the track. I'm using all 1/4-20 hardware, which isn't has heavy gauge as the hardware that comes with the rails, but I'm not carrying heavy loads either. YMMV.

USAF_Retired

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Hybrid (Cactus Grey)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

AUTiger83

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Lariat, FX4, 4k Tow, Azure Gray.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
any idea where i can buy the T bolts that work with the elevate rails?

I DON'T have Elevate rails. But I do have a SyneticUSA retractable cover with T-slots. Had a hard time finding anything, until I discovered that the "cone strut nuts" for "slotted channel strut" (i.e., Unistrut in the electrical section) fits perfectly in my T-slots. Discard the plastic part. Available in 1/4-20, 5/16, and 3/8 hole sizes.

These aren't T-bolts. These are t-nuts which may work for you.

The same cone strut nuts fit in the Lariat side bed rails for additional attachment points (combined with shoulder eye bolts and a big washer or some attachment of your choosing). Keep the blue plastic part for this utilization.

Available at Lowe's and Home Depot:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Adamax/5002818249

I used these cone nuts to attach folding boat cleats to my rails. See photos. I came from 23 years of Sport Trac driving and couldn't fathom hauling stuff without the cleats on the bed rails.

Ford Maverick List of Available Bed Racks PXL_20240111_190418582~2

Ford Maverick List of Available Bed Racks PXL_20240111_190425532~2

Last edited:

USAF_Retired

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Hybrid (Cactus Grey)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I DON'T have Elevate rails. But I do have a SyneticUSA retractable cover with T-slots. Had a hard time finding anything, until I discovered that the "cone strut nuts" for "slotted channel strut" (i.e., Unistrut in the electrical section) fits perfectly in my T-slots. Discard the plastic part. Available in 1/4-20, 3/8, and 1/2 hole sizes.

These aren't T-bolts. These are t-nuts which may work for you.

The same cone strut nuts fit in the Lariat side bed rails for additional attachment points (combined with shoulder bolts and a big washer or some attachment of your choosing). Keep the blue plastic part for this utilization.

Available at Lowe's and Home Depot:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Adamax/5002818249

I used these cone nuts to attach folding boat cleats to my rails. See photos. I came from 23 years of Sport Trac driving and couldn't fathom hauling stuff without the cleats on the bed rails.

PXL_20240111_190418582~2.jpg

PXL_20240111_190425532~2.jpg
Thank you for this! I have the t-track slots on my roll-n-lock m-series xt retractable cover, and will be needing something exactly like this for attaching things. Thanks!

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Billiebars.com