Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm trying to compare all the available bed racks that are either specifically made for the Maverick, or are universal but high quality. Here's what I have so far, add yours to the list if I missed it.

Xtrusion Overland - $1300-1700
Leitner - $2000
Tuwa Pro - $800
Trukd - $1000-1700
Front Runner - $1500
Billie Bars - $600-1050
Yakima - $1500
Elevate - $1100 *thank you gwrace14651
Elevate bed rails + TMS (Amazon) rack system - $500 *thank you Dandy Mav
Elevate bed rails + Rhino Rack RLT600 quick release base + your choice of bars - $400-700 *thank you surfstar

I think the Xtrusion looks the best and has a ton of functionality, but you're limited to a rolling bed cover if you want a tonneau. The nice thing about the Trukd is that it doesn't follow the cab body lines so you can actually open your folding bed covers, which is a huge bonus. It even clears a Diamondback. Although the upright design looks a little odd. The Leitner is pretty ugly in my opinion, requires drilling, and is the most expensive. Those 2 arms that require drilling also look like they get in the way. The Tuwa Pro isn't much of a looker either but it has the benefit of being cheap. It's also adjustable without having to buy more pieces. I wasn't too interested in the Front Runner until I found out it can be mounted on a Diamondback tonneau cover and still have access to the bed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would highly recommend the Elevate system. Very robust and easy to install using the Synetica USA tonneau cover T-rails.

Ford Maverick List of Available Bed Racks IMG_9369

Ford Maverick List of Available Bed Racks IMG_9370

Ford Maverick List of Available Bed Racks IMG_9371

Ford Maverick List of Available Bed Racks IMG_9372

OP
OP
Skulls Road

Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I completely forgot about Elevate, thank you. Great option if you need a tall or REALLY tall rack. I'll add it to the list.

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do they have to be tall?
Rhino Rack RLT600 legs will fit Elevate TS rails (track slot design /quick mount Rhino Rack) and give you low-profile crossbars. Would likely only work for roll-up tonneaus. Buy legs and crossbars off ebay or somewhere and maybe you're in for $300-400.

OP
OP
Skulls Road

Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good tip. Another cool Rhino Rack feature is you can remove the bars in seconds using the trigger lock. It's 8 bolts on the Elevate. In fact, I think I'm going to take another look at em because of that feature.

Sponsored

mav_kev

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I opted for the Elevate rails and my own 80/20 extrusion setup; which suits my application perfectly and was sub $500 all-in. I really just wanted some additional cargo capacity and places to temporarily mount accessories.

What will work for you depends on your intended use. Kayak rack? Tent? Overlanding garb? Also, as you eluded to, your tonneau selection will affect the rack options and vice versa.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape, 2019 Edge, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do they have to be tall?
Rhino Rack RLT600 legs will fit Elevate TS rails (track slot design /quick mount Rhino Rack) and give you low-profile crossbars. Would likely only work for roll-up tonneaus. Buy legs and crossbars off ebay or somewhere and maybe you're in for $300-400.
I'm confused, do the RLT600 Legs include the bases (that mount to the tracks) or not?

HRG

OP
OP
Skulls Road

Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Skulls Road

Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm confused, do the RLT600 Legs include the bases (that mount to the tracks) or not?

HRG
I believe they do. Mounting into slots is their base configuration, but you can also buy a vehicle specific clamp kit if thats the route you wanted to go. Im unsure if other brands cross bars will bolt up to the RLT600 legs, but their HD cross bars are reasonably priced. I priced out the elevate rails, RLT600 legs, HD cross bars, and the required spacers to run those bars on the RLT600s and it came out to $700. So not the cheapest but you do have the benefit of the quick release system. I see that coming in handy if you're buying a large appliance. You can take the bars off in seconds, store them in the bed with the appliance and be off.

Sponsored

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

HRG
As noted above, yes. See etrailer's site for informative pics:
https://www.etrailer.com/Roof-Rack/Rhino-Rack/RRRLT600H.html
The rectangle bases mount to the track slots, screwed down. Then the base/foot is quick release to attach.

I haven't needed to buy the elevate rails and a bed rack yet, so I'm selling my foot kit. + HD bar adapters on eBay (or PM me). Just needs the HD crossbars.

Dandy Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice setup. I wasn't able to close my soft tonneau with the raceface pad. I didnt try latching the cover first then slamming the tailgate though. Is that how yours works?
Yeah I can latch it first, which helps. And I think that Yak Pad has a little space on each end which might be helping as well.

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB XLT LuX FX4 4k cp360 ordered!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know any low profile racks that sits the lowest as possible but the same time can accommodate a soft roll cover, and accept load capacity of 400 lb, and less than $500?

The TMS universal version back at post #6 is the closest one. I'm looking for a similar one but a few inches lower than this (usually a non-height adjustable one).

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would highly recommend the Elevate system. Very robust and easy to install using the Synetica USA tonneau cover T-rails.

IMG_9369.jpg

IMG_9370.jpg

IMG_9371.jpg

IMG_9372.jpg
which roof racks are you using to pair with your elevate racks ? I’m considering to buy a set to pair up with my racks for occasions when I haul long lumber.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost