First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks awesome!!! My White Hybrid is getting Bullet Liner installed tomorrow.
I know it varies by region but what price did they quote you? @rognus had Line-X for $525. Just curious the difference seeing as how the owner of Bullet once worked for/part-owned Line-X.

My XLT Luxury comes with the drop-in and I'm debating chunking it for spray-in. I've never had drop-ins and I hear the horror stories of moisture and rubbed paint but I have to "work" the budget or wifey gets upset!
Sponsored

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anybody had a spray in liner on a previous truck for a long period of time? Was curious how they age and what issues come up down the road. If it's chipping or breaking down, I guess you would just have it sprayed again? Thanks!
I had a Gator Guard spray-in by applied an installer on my 2013 F-150. There was no chipping or cracking after 8 years when I sold it to get my wife her 2020 F-150 (with a factory spray-in). The liner itself faded over time to a medium gray. It saw a lot of use but never "failed".

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I imagine that covered some holes up and had to redrill them
I can't really tell from the photos but are the bed's drain holes still open? I can see the ones up front below the window area on the white paint but not in the line-x photo.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't really tell from the photos but are the bed's drain holes still open? I can see the ones up front below the window area on the white paint but not in the line-x photo.
Yes they were clear

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
looks good! I might get the plastic bed rails sprayed too if they think it will look clean. I think those are going to bake in the Arizona sun
It won't stick to plastic

Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had my done at LineX today, very pleased with the work. This is the 4th truck they have done for me and always been happy. My truck is my baby so bed liner doesn't get abused so I cant really advise anyone about its durability and if I need a real work truck I have to borrow one.:)

kfw63

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know it varies by region but what price did they quote you? @rognus had Line-X for $525. Just curious the difference seeing as how the owner of Bullet once worked for/part-owned Line-X.

My XLT Luxury comes with the drop-in and I'm debating chunking it for spray-in. I've never had drop-ins and I hear the horror stories of moisture and rubbed paint but I have to "work" the budget or wifey gets upset!
I worked my dealer to give the spray in liner and a couple other items at their cost rather than retail. Maybe you can try that so you can get the spray in and the wife wouldn’t get mad.

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here's what mine looks like. Very happy with it!
Ford Maverick Line-X before and after IMG_1433

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a great picture, but I also mentioned the drain hole fiasco and mine are nice and clear as well. Warranty as long as I own the truck (non-transferable).

Sponsored

Sandstorm

Banned
Banned
First Name
Anonymous
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Why did everyone here make the decision to Line-X instead of rhino lining? Using Line-X in a truck is like nails on a chalkboard to me, I much prefer the more rubbery/softer texture of rhino lining. I believe they are about the same price.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why did everyone here make the decision to Line-X instead of rhino lining? Using Line-X in a truck is like nails on a chalkboard to me, I much prefer the more rubbery/softer texture of rhino lining. I believe they are about the same price.
Because it will outlast the truck.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I stopped by my dealer and had them drop the factory bedliner from my order. Maybe that will move me up in the line. Happy to see how nice the Line-X product worked out. Now I'll likely do the same thing.

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went from ordering an XL with spray in option, to an XLT due to cruise control add on fears. Then, the first really cold weather hit us, and I was freezing my ass off. The Luxury package was added. My cheap truck suddenly isn't. Also, I experienced the Lux package price increase to $2500.00.

The reason I am mentioning it here is my spray is bed liner turned into a drop in. I am disappointed, but dang, It isn't like I plan on installing a flying bridge (although it would be nice) so it won't be a major change.

...ya' OK, I'm pissed!

Last edited:

mactools1395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Has anybody had a spray in liner on a previous truck for a long period of time? Was curious how they age and what issues come up down the road. If it's chipping or breaking down, I guess you would just have it sprayed again? Thanks!
I have 2 f250s that have bullet liner, and that holds up great. One of the tailgates has a couple gouges in the liner from steel shovels shoveling either mulch or salt out but that's about it. I wouldn't suggest doing that. One liner is about 3 yrs old and the other is about 6yrs old.
Sponsored